Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H motors not starting

Reaction score
Hi. Any advice will be much appreciated. My H will not start. I have the latest firmware installed, the ST16 is definitely bound to the H, I have calibrated everything (compass, gimbal, accelerometer). It will not start with our without GPS activated. I have 15 satellites but not acquiring GPS.

I wondered if this is a No fly Zone issue but this is happening in places I regularly fly.

I’ve read previous threads on here about this but still no solution ☹️

Any advice very welcome! Thanks in anticipation.

When you hold your arm button down. Do you receive a message on the screen? Have you gone to the calibration menu to verify your arming button is functioning by pressing it and seeing the button light up on the menu?

Last edited:
Hi. No message on the screen. Icon too right says “starting”. Going into the hardware menu the systems saysbthebswitchbis working fine. The H bleeps when pressing the start button. Very frustrating!

You can check the red button in Hardware Monitor as well... you might want to try creating a new model and binding to that one, to see if that makes any change.

Check the right stick. The motors won't start if the right stick isn't returning to exactly zero. That will cause a rapid beeping. "Stir" the stick rapidly for a few minutes and try it again. Also check the stick in Hardware Monitor.
Make sure it's in Angle mode and not Home mode. If it's in Home mode you may hear a beep when pressing Start.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackMTaco
Hi. Yes I do every time.
I have 15 satellites but not acquiring GPS.
You have confirmed nearly everything I can think might cause the motors not to start. After re-reading this post I see you said it shows 15 satellites but still says "Acquiring". If it is doing that consistently it would indicate a problem with the GPS module. However, turning off the GPS should still allow the motors to start. Does the Controller ever say "Ready"? If not, the motors will not start.
How many satellites does it show for the ST16?

As a next step create a new model and then bind to that model.
If that doesn't work then do a factory reset of the controller.

This past summer, because of the extreme heat in some locations, I noticed some Flight Controllers had failed. They simply were overheated. Is that a possibility in your case?

You have confirmed nearly everything I can think might cause the motors not to start. After re-reading this post I see you said it shows 15 satellites but still says "Acquiring". If it is doing that consistently it would indicate a problem with the GPS module. However, turning off the GPS should still allow the motors to start. Does the Controller ever say "Ready"? If not, the motors will not start.
How many satellites does it show for the ST16?

As a next step create a new model and then bind to that model.
If that doesn't work then do a factory reset of the controller.

This past summer, because of the extreme heat in some locations, I noticed some Flight Controllers had failed. They simply were overheated. Is that a possibility in your case?
Hi. Thank you for your reply. The ST16 shows anything between 9 & 14 satellites. The controller always says “ready” which is why I am baffled, with or without GPS enabled.

I will create a new model in the controller and try that idea. This summer I was unable to fly the H due to having spinal surgery, so it wasn’t subjected to the crazy heat we experienced.

Will report back tomorrow when I get a chance to try this out. If that fails I suspect it needs to go to Yuneec for a complete checkup!

So, factory reset and new model created. Nothing. Here is a screen shot if the software versions following update 2 days ago. Does this look right? Motors still will not start, despite 10 satellites, even with GPS disabled. Motor icon says "ready".

Attachments

• A42310D7-0DBD-4A7E-BED2-88E4E3AB0C1F.jpeg
    A42310D7-0DBD-4A7E-BED2-88E4E3AB0C1F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
So, factory reset and new model created. Nothing. Here is a screen shot if the software versions following update 2 days ago. Does this look right? Motors still will not start, despite 10 satellites, even with GPS disabled. Motor icon says "ready".
Looks up-to date, only difference for me is gimbal, which is 1.27

If the motors will not atart even if GPS was switched off then you prbably need a new flight controller. It seems to be the well known "Aquiring" problem. The IMU runs out of range and cannot calibrated anymore.
Another symptom of this problem is that the ST16 show altitude some meters below zero and will not level to zero during initialization.
More info here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/pdf/GPS_acquiring_problem.pdf

br HE

Last edited by a moderator:
Where you able to fix this problem? I'm having exactly the same problem
You had posted your question in more than one thread. This post was was originally a reply to your post in another. longer thread. It was moved here to keep the discussion in one place.
In the other thread, a couple of different problems were described. While it is likely @h-elsner is correct about the FC, please help us understand your exact situation:

Has the drone been in storage for more than a few months?
How many drone satellites do you see?
How many controller satellites do you see?
Have you done the "outside with a clear view of the sky" thing? For how long did you let it acquire?
Did the problem appear after binding the drone to another controller or to the Wizard?

Reactions: DoomMeister
Also connect to the GUI and observe the yaw. If it constantly moves, then you most likely have the faulty IMU which will require replacement of the F/C board in the aircraft. The document linked by @h-elsner is a good reference for this. You can also try using the firmware downgrade/upgrade he suggests in that document. The earlier firmware can be found on the YuneecSkins website in the Yuneec Downloads.

Hi. Any advice will be much appreciated. My H will not start. I have the latest firmware installed, the ST16 is definitely bound to the H, I have calibrated everything (compass, gimbal, accelerometer). It will not start with our without GPS activated. I have 15 satellites but not acquiring GPS.

I wondered if this is a No fly Zone issue but this is happening in places I regularly fly.

I’ve read previous threads on here about this but still no solution ☹️

Any advice very welcome! Thanks in anticipation.
Question: as I have same problem now.
If is not updated to latest firmware can cause the motors not starting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval