Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus/c23 mapping with 520 firmware.

Reaction score
Sorry for my english. Just for information out of curiosity: if I install the H520 firmware on a St16S controller, the mapping program (photogrammetry) will work (as create a grid on a map view, trigger the camera, overlap, ecc.) on a Typhon H plus with a C23 camera? Thank You.

You can install the H520 DataPilot on the ST16s, but you cannot install the H520 firmware on the H Plus aircraft.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
so the photogrammetry program will not work? Thank you

so the photogrammetry program will not work? Thank you
I don't believe there is any way for DataPilot to connect to the H Plus aircraft. It will connect to the C23 for the video feed but I don't think you can control the camera or the aircraft from the controller.
You would have to replace the main board in the H Plus with one from an H520 to make it work.

I don't believe there is any way for DataPilot to connect to the H Plus aircraft. It will connect to the C23 for the video feed but I don't think you can control the camera or the aircraft from the controller.
You would have to replace the main board in the H Plus with one from an H520 to make it work.
Somebody told me it was possible simply changing the software in the ST16S.... but I undersand that is not possible than... . Thank you.

Somebody told me it was possible simply changing the software in the ST16S.... but I undersand that is not possible than... . Thank you.
The ST16s can be used for either the H520 or the H Plus. The controller is identical and will work with either aircraft by changing the appropriate software to work with a given model. And the E90/C23 can be used with either model.

The problem aircraft main board. They are model specific. You cannot change the firmware on that main board. You can update it, downgrade it, but cannot install firmware from a different model. Everything else in the aircraft is identical except the main board. If there is a way to do it, it has not been posted by anyone.

If the main board are different is difficult or impossible. But maybe they are not so different and somebody has found the sistem to flash the 520 firmware in to the h puls mainboard. The two aircraft are really identical except the colour... maybe also the main board is the same only with different firmware

If the main board are different is difficult or impossible. But maybe they are not so different and somebody has found the sistem to flash the 520 firmware in to the h puls mainboard. The two aircraft are really identical except the colour... maybe also the main board is the same only with different firmware
David I downloaded UAV Poiled to my 16S that I use for my H Plus . I then could tuse between running either program just by simple selecting on the screen. My problem was I just didn't know how to fly in the H520 mode! I pressed take off and it did lift off after a voiced warning, it lifted off and reached about then or fifteen feet. I cant really remember if I landed it or it just landed itself? Not sure but I was scared to try it again and just removed the UAD Pilot program as when I everytime I switched on the trany the UAV Poilet would ataru up instead of the one for my H Plus. I dont I could bind the camera ! I cant be certain!!
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: aw. pier
It seems is almost impossible to use h520 mapping program on H plus than...

The ST16s can be used for either the H520 or the H Plus. The controller is identical and will work with either aircraft by changing the appropriate software to work with a given model. And the E90/C23 can be used with either model.

The problem aircraft main board. They are model specific. You cannot change the firmware on that main board. You can update it, downgrade it, but cannot install firmware from a different model. Everything else in the aircraft is identical except the main board. If there is a way to do it, it has not been posted by anyone.

Hey Steve, let’s say someone built an H-plus with all h plus parts and only swapped out the main board with a 520 board, would that work? Is there anything else that each main board would require? Or is every part on the plus and 520 exactly the same except main board?

Now I’m curious.

I think the main board are the same, infact if you buy a new mb the spare part code are the same. Maybe is only a firmware difference. On the drone there is a mini usb port. Is for what?

is every part on the plus and 520 exactly the same except main board?
if you buy a new mb the spare part code are the same
The mainboard may have the same components but it has embedded firmware that is not user accessible. The part numbers are different:
H520 Mainboard: YUNH520116SVC
H Plus Mainboard: YUNTYHP106SVC

Other than the main board and color, I think all the parts are identical.

2020-09-11_21-33-36.jpg I've seen this on a yuneek spare part catalog. Same code...

I've seen this on a yuneek spare part catalog. Same code...
I have also seen them listed this way. But the board will only accept the autopilot firmware from the specific aircraft it was made to fit. The markings on the boards appear to be different:

1599853905066.png

Dude....seriously??? My next project. Now I just have to find a 520 main board for $50. Lol.

And to be clear: swap main boards and I can map with my h plus yes? Swapping out camera of course...and downloading 520 firmware to drone and controller?

• Sad
And to be clear: swap main boards and I can map with my h plus yes? Swapping out camera of course...and downloading 520 firmware to drone and controller?
If you change the mainboard it will be a 520 by default. There is no need to change the camera. The C23 will work fine. You only need to verify the aircraft is up to date with the 520 firmware.

If you change the mainboard it will be a 520 by default. There is no need to change the camera. The C23 will work fine. You only need to verify the aircraft is up to date with the 520 firmware.
but if you buy the 520 main board the right firmware is pre installed maybe?2020-09-11_23-24-39.jpg

but if you buy the 520 main board the right firmware is pre installed maybe?

In stock .Yuneec.eu €388.94
H520 ESC Module

H520 ESC Module

€388.94

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio