Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus firmware on H520.

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone help me in installing/flashing the H Plus firmware on H520?
Where can I find the file to flash? Check this video on youtube..

And If Isuccessfullyy flash it, will it recognize the realsense module installed on H520?

I really want my H520 to run the H Plus firmware to make use of realsense.

Please stop. You would need to update the software on all of the H520 flight controller, the camera and the ST-16 to get it to work. If you don't know what you are doing, you will almost certainly 'brick' your drone, controller or camera.

There is no certain information out there that the H Plus firmware will work on the H520. Whilst we believe the hardware is very similar, I've not read any source that says for sure that the firmware can be swapped between the two machines.

I understand I will have to reflash, H520, E90 and St16+ as well. I am down to experiment with H520. I just want links to the firmware files :)

Hello,

Can someone help me in installing/flashing the H Plus firmware on H520?
Where can I find the file to flash? Check this video on youtube..

And If Isuccessfullyy flash it, will it recognize the realsense module installed on H520?

I really want my H520 to run the H Plus firmware to make use of realsense.
Yuneec haven't posted the H+ firmware yet. The H+ also has the V2 version of realsense, so probably won't work on the original version of realsense. There is also a strong possibility that you could brick the H520 and E90 if you tried to flash the H+/C23 firmware on it. I certainly won't be the first to try it.

I know how to recover a bricked PX4 FC. I have bricked H520 before and brought it back to life. I have also managed to have my hands on the new realsense V2. I just want the firmware files, if anyone knows where I can download them from :D

I know how to recover a bricked PX4 FC. I have bricked H520 before and brought it back to life. I have also managed to have my hands on the new realsense V2. I just want the firmware files, if anyone knows where I can download them from :D

The firmware that Haydn was using in this video was a beta version of the H+, it doesn’t work at all very well, the camera doesn’t operate fully. This firmware was installed on the 520 st16s but so much was not working it would be dangerous to even attempt to fly it. What you are trying to do won’t work. How do I know? I’ve tried it and soon wiped it off quick smart

Yeh he has the beta I was hoping someone here might have hands on to the actual firmware.

It’s not been released yet and from what I know it’s unlikely to be because of what people were doing with the firmware to the 520. Kinda backfired which is why the h+ has OTA updates so that it can be updated but not rolled back

Yuneec really needs to rethink their flagships. They should not have same hardware with different uses at different prices.

Pricepoint of H+ is just an insult to all H520 owners. It's like H+ owners are laughing at H520 owners saying we have the same thing but I paid less than half the price for it.

Yuneec really needs to rethink their flagships. They should not have same hardware with different uses at different prices.

Pricepoint of H+ is just an insult to all H520 owners. It's like H+ owners are laughing at H520 owners saying we have the same thing but I paid less than half the price for it.

Trouble is they don’t have the same, I.e mapping datapilot, and that won’t work on the H+ or c23
But yeah I felt shafted after buying all 3 cameras and finding out the e50 is screwed for video but ok for stills. And as for the cgoet wellllll, say no more

Trouble is they don’t have the same, I.e mapping datapilot, and that won’t work on the H+ or c23
But yeah I felt shafted after buying all 3 cameras and finding out the e50 is screwed for video but ok for stills. And as for the cgoet wellllll, say no more

Peggy,

This is a new one, at least for me. Any elaboration on what you meant by "...E50 is screwed for video..."?

Thanks!

Jeff

Peggy,

This is a new one, at least for me. Any elaboration on what you meant by "...E50 is screwed for video..."?

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

The dampers that come with the E50 are useless so Yuneec UK sent me every damper they had and whilst being extremely helpful none worked. I can’t stress enough how Yuneec UK have helped me resolve many 520 issues. Their customer service in my opinion is 100% dedication where I have been concerned.
I know this may not be everyone’s experience but for me it is.

If you fly above 14mph the gimble is not held in place by any form of current damper available this causes vibration and the end result is jello effect. If you fly with the wind it’s not as bad. Against or sideways to wind and well unuseable results are produced and I do mean unuseable. Not even slightly useable.
Is it possible to start your car with a piece of chewing gum? Is it possible to ride a bicycle with no pedals, seat or wheels.
It’s that kind of unuseable.

So going back to Yuneec with these results with a full video explanation as back up I was told by a technician who spoke to someone in another country (not sure if it was China or not) that the E50 is an inspection camera and not designed for video footage. REALLY!!! Oh ok if that’s the case I asked why does it come with video capabilities and also in 4K resolution if it’s not meant for video.
This was asked face to face as I was at Yuneecs tech centre 4 weeks ago.

I’m still waiting for the answer to that question to this day. Along with a solution.

Hence why it’s only good for stills and not video, or possibly flying very slow on a calm no wind day.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
:eek::eek::eek::eek: And the person who answered that barbarity works in a company that manufactures drones?

I don't know if I like that answer better or the one given by another person who was Yuneec's most visible head and said that the jello was caused by the camera's sensor type..........

Since the buyers are dumb, we'll keep telling lies or we'll make up that the cameras are not even good enough to shoot video................

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm just going to say one thing, this is pathetic, that everyone should draw their own conclusions.....................

:eek::eek::eek::eek: And the person who answered that barbarity works in a company that manufactures drones?

I don't know if I like that answer better or the one given by another person who was Yuneec's most visible head and said that the jello was caused by the camera's sensor type..........

Since the buyers are dumb, we'll keep telling lies or we'll make up that the cameras are not even good enough to shoot video................

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm just going to say one thing, this is pathetic, that everyone should draw their own conclusions.....................

Hahahaha, Yes I take it you saw that conversation on FB I had with the 'flying one' blaming it on camera operator and not the crap design.

However I find it massively disturbing that no firmware release has now been out since Feb despite 1.4 being suppose to be ready by end of March. The datapilot app and update pilot being withdrawn from the play store and now unable to connect to the server to check if updates are there.
I am increasingly worries that maybe and I do mean maybe the 520 is now a non supported aircraft just like the 920.
Or am I just being sceptical and worrying over nothing? Because if that is it, mine needs to go on eBay quick smart.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
Peggy,

So sorry to hear about your fruitless E50 exploits.

For me, it goes like this:

1- Camera replaced - better, but then could force vibration by tilting camera 30 degrees or lower - AND panning. Sometimes, not often, but sometimes stopping the panning and/or bringing the angle back up stopped the vibration.

2-whole kit sent back to dealer - dealer worked with Yuneec; Yuneec suggested using the old style, non-grease filled dampers (perhaps CGO3+ version?). Guess what? It worked. But... there's more.

3-Upon return to me, H520 itself had issues. Didn't want to shut down. - H520 replaced - including yet a third camera. I don't recall asking, but it must have been a package deal.

4-Now on third E50 - video feed from E50 to ST16s looked like SD TV being viewed on an HD set. Not good. Suspect wifi transmission issues. By the way, this was not at distance. This was sitting no more than 10 or 20 feet away, on a table as well as in the air.

5-On to fourth E50. This one is beautiful! I mean absolutely gorgeous! But (there always seems to be a "but...") the only thing I cannot believe is the SD slot. The memory card will jam! But... hanging on as long as I can. The card stuck last night, and decided I was too tired to fight with it. When I do manage to retrieve the card and try reinserting, it works just fine. Could be me, but...

Morale of the story - Yuneec was fantastic with their personal service and communication. It took awhile, but it all was handled.

Now I just have to figure out if my aborted fly-away yesterday was due to being a bit further under my canopy of trees than I have ever gone with my H520! Thank goodness for the mode switch on the ST16s having its fully manual (turn off GPS) mode. I would not have been able to save my H480's in the time I had to react.

Will be re-calibrating everything and trying the same thing again. That is what I do (troubleshoot) and validate. Also, I need to figure out if perhaps ALL the calibrations had reset, since the ST16s appears to have done so. The only thing obvious, however, was the units of measure had reset to meters (metric), after sitting for a couple weeks; make that a month or more. Perhaps I should have returned home when I noticed the altitude in meters. No worries, I stayed under 120m!

The curious thing is... I was up there for the better of 15 minutes, holding steady just fine. And, hovering back home at 15-20 feet (estimate since ST16s was still in meters) was just fine. I was playing with the camera exposure settings when I noticed it decided to just start moving away. I had the H520 pointed at me at the time, so... that practice, practice, practice save me from pushing it further into the trees. That was one close call. I do remember thinking... at least i had the trees (forest) to catch it if it decided to totally ignore me, rather than if I was over the lake or in the wide open.

Anyway, hang in there and don't give up. Hopefully whatever appears to be working for the early C23 reports will bleed over to the E90 and E50 family.

Jeff

P.S. Sorry for the ramble... a cabin full of 11; everyone else is still asleep and I am looking out on the start of a beautiful day. Where's my coffee?:D

Last edited:
Peggy,

So sorry to hear about your fruitless E50 exploits.

For me, it goes like this:

1- Camera replaced - better, but then could force vibration by tilting camera 30 degrees or lower - AND panning. Sometimes, not often, but sometimes stopping the panning and/or bringing the angle back up stopped the vibration.

2-whole kit sent back to dealer - dealer worked with Yuneec; Yuneec suggested using the old style, non-grease filled dampers (perhaps CGO3+ version?). Guess what? It worked. But... there's more.

3-Upon return to me, H520 itself had issues. Didn't want to shut down. - H520 replaced - including yet a third camera. I don't recall asking, but it must have been a package deal.

4-Now on third E50 - video feed from E50 to ST16s looked like SD TV being viewed on an HD set. Not good. Suspect wifi transmission issues. By the way, this was not at distance. This was sitting no more than 10 or 20 feet away, on a table, let alone in the air.

5-On to fourth E50. This one is beautiful! I mean absolutely gorgeous! But (there always seems to be a "but...") the only thing I cannot believe is the SD slot. The memory card will jam! But... hanging on as long as I can. The card stuck last night, and decided I was too tired to fight with it. When I do manage to retrieve the card and try reinserting, it works just fine. Could be me, but...

Morale of the story - Yuneec was fantastic with their personal service and communication. It took awhile, but it all was handled.

Now I just have to figure out if my aborted fly-away yesterday was due to being a bit further under my canopy of trees than I have ever gone with my H520! Thank goodness for the mode switch on the ST16s having its fully manual (turn off GPS) mode. I would not have been able to save my H480's in the time I had to react.

Will be re-calibrating everything and trying the same thing again. That is what I do (troubleshoot) and validate. Also, I need to figure out if perhaps ALL the calibrations had reset, since the ST16s appears to have done so. The only thing obvious, however, was the units of measure had reset to meters (metric), after sitting for a couple weeks; make that a month or more. Perhaps I should have returned home when I noticed the altitude in meters. No worries, I stayed under 120m!

The curious thing is... I was up there for the better of 15 minutes, holding steady just fine. And, hovering back home at 15-20 feet (estimate since ST16s was still in meters) was just fine. I was playing with the camera exposure settings when I noticed it decided to just start moving away. I had the H520 pointed at me at the time, so... that practice, practice, practice save me from pushing it further into the trees. That was one close call. I do remember thinking... at least i had the trees (forest) to catch it if it decided to totally ignore me, rather than if I was over the lake or in the wide open.

Anyway, hang in there and don't give up. Hopefully whatever appears to be working for the early C23 reports will bleed over to the E90 and E50 family.

Jeff

P.S. Sorry for the ramble... a cabin full of 11; everyone else is still asleep and I am looking out on the start of a beautiful day. Where's my coffee?:D

Yes, sounds like it definitely lost solid GPS signal, which will put it into manual mode and drift with the wind with no pilot input. In areas like that, I will generally do the whole flight in manual. Unless doing something like mapping that requires GPS, I prefer to fly in manual most of the time. It's much easier to fly smooth, as the Yuneec 'Angle' mode is jerky, like it is always hunting position and speed.

10-8,

There are a few unsettling issues:

1) no warning about loss of GPS. No “manual mode” notification.

2) it was not a wind-aided drift. Winds were calm.

The craft simply started moving away as though I was leaning on the right stick. Basically backward, as I had it pointing directly at me, and it moved directly away from me. (I was playing with the white balance and exposure, trying to get my blaze orange hat to expose as such rather than hot yellow.). No stick movement, unless I inadvertently leaned on one. Guess I need figure out how to decode the telemetry to know for sure.

3) there was no control, or at least it seemed like no control at the time, until I switched to full manual mode.

Regarding the last point: one of the reasons I am compelled to repeat the scenario is this: when my H520 started to move away, was my sense of no control real, or did I momentarily forget I had the craft facing me, causing my first instinctive reaction to push it away further, rather than the expected “come back!”? Perhaps my move to manual gave my brain a reset; “hey, opposite control inputs, dummy!”

That is what I need to iron out as I replay the flight in my mind, over and over.

Jeff

“If we do not learn from our mistakes [experiences] we are destined to repeat them.”

Last edited:
The truth is that in angle mode and in front of very strong winds I have seen him behave very well. Set the manual mode and get the drone out of control of the wind at full speed, put the angle mode back on and get stuck in place. The drone tilts 40 degrees, the maximum it's programmed to? fighting the wind. This is undoubtedly the strength of this drone.

As for the rest of it, I'm afraid to read what's happening to you. I haven't flown it in a while and I'm going to rest for a few days with the intention of making numerous flights. I have been flying a drone that I built 3 years ago, I have not even updated it and it works perfectly. I go away those days to relax but I don't know if I'll get it every time I take the H520 off the ground......... I hope to bring him back in one piece :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430