Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H PLUS LED Replacement

Reaction score
During the compass calibration process, I noticed that the green LED light was not operational, this was confirmed while performing the other calibrations. I am assuming the green LED is no longer functional. It appears replacement options include a green LED, and/or a 3 color LED. Since, the LED in question is still able to display the other colors...I am not sure, which type of LED to purchase. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

During the compass calibration process, I noticed that the green LED light was not operational, this was confirmed while performing the other calibrations. I am assuming the green LED is no longer functional. It appears replacement options include a green LED, and/or a 3 color LED. Since, the LED in question is still able to display the other colors...I am not sure, which type of LED to purchase. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Have no idea but If you have a plus with a broken led it must be under warranty still. Why don't you send it in instead of breaking warranty on trying to fix it yourself?

It’s more than likely a loose clip at the motor arm end, this is usually the issue and not a broken LED

Have no idea but If you have a plus with a broken led it must be under warranty still. Why don't you send it in instead of breaking warranty on trying to fix it yourself?
I will take your advise...looks like the lampshade requires a special tool to remove, anyway. Thanks for your post.

It’s more than likely a loose clip at the motor arm end, this is usually the issue and not a broken LED
Thanks for your post, Peggy. Do you have any suggest for removing the lampshade? Or should a make a few dollar investment for a lampshade puller?

I made one from a wooden part. It works well.

Lampshade_puller.jpg

The LED have different colors that cannot be changed (2 wire connection). You need to buy the correct color (2 white YUNTYH102 , one green YUNTYH106, one blue YUNTYH104 and 2 red YUNTYH103).

br HE

Thanks for your post, Peggy. Do you have any suggest for removing the lampshade? Or should a make a few dollar investment for a lampshade puller?

I use 2 small jewellery screwdrivers to twist the lens cap off but that method is very cumbersome.
However my good friend Steve Carr posted a tool to me last week as we cannot get them in the UK so I’m a fan of spending a few dollars and make your life easy.

Is there a difference between the H Plus and the H? I do only have the H and I am just using my fingers for this purpose. Works fine.

There is a difference between the H Plus and the Standard H in terms of the base of the motors (see Below).

Also just a little info regarding sending an H Plus in for service - at least here in the US.

One of our members, @PhotoGuy who is a local photographer had an incident with his Plus on September 7th (two months ago). He called Yuneec and inquired about repair and was given a shipping label and it was sent into a facility here on the East coast (United Radio?). Long story short: when he got a hold of someone at that facility a couple weeks back, he was told they could not begin to repair the aircraft as Yuneec had not sent any manuals or parts so; they were dead in the water. It appears that Yuneec US also does not have the means of a repair as last I heard they will instead; scrap his Plus for parts and send a new Kit. Hopefully he sees this and can give more detail.

I was there when the accident happened and judging from what I saw, the Plus needed two motor arms, a landing gear and leg and the camera had separated from the gimbal but was otherwise in good shape. This was not a totaled aircraft and if it were me and parts were available I would have attempted a fix on my own.

Bottom line: He sent his damaged Plus for repair over two months ago and he still does not have it back. I would be hesitant to send a slightly damaged or non warranty repair job on a Plus into Yuneec at the moment.

Of course for anyone that has a defective or a malfunctioning Plus, Yuneec has proven they respond quickly to those cases. I'm just not so sure they have the means at the moment to deal with non warrantied repairs.

Attachments

• Compare.jpg
    Compare.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: PhotoGuy
Also just a little info regarding sending an H Plus in for service - at least here in the US.

One of our members, @PhotoGuy who is a local photographer had an incident with his Plus on September 7th (two months ago). He called Yuneec and inquired about repair and was given a shipping label and it was sent into a facility here on the East coast (United Radio?). Long story short: when he got a hold of someone at that facility a couple weeks back, he was told they could not begin to repair the aircraft as Yuneec had not sent any manuals or parts so; they were dead in the water. It appears that Yuneec US also does not have the means of a repair as last I heard they will instead; scrap his Plus for parts and send a new Kit. Hopefully he sees this and can give more detail.

I was there when the accident happened and judging from what I saw, the Plus needed two motor arms, a landing gear and leg and the camera had separated from the gimbal but was otherwise in good shape. This was not a totaled aircraft and if it were me and parts were available I would have attempted a fix on my own.

Bottom line: He sent his damaged Plus for repair over two months ago and he still does not have it back. I would be hesitant to send a slightly damaged or non warranty repair job on a Plus into Yuneec at the moment.

Of course for anyone that has a defective or a malfunctioning Plus, Yuneec has proven they respond quickly to those cases. I'm just not so sure they have the means at the moment to deal with non warrantied repairs.
You actually explained it very well. The term, "cluster f*ck" fits only too well in this particular situation: Neither Yuneec nor United Radio would contact me or update me on their own. Each time I got little tid-bits of information was when I would call or email United Radio (UR) and then they wouldn't have a clue as to what was happening. Finally, about two weeks ago (after having my H Plus for a month and a half!), UR told me they were waiting to hear back from Yuneec because they (UR) didn't know HOW to fix it!
Well, yesterday I actually got to speak with someone from Yuneec in California and he told me that they were going to just replace my drone - everything! Send me a brand new, in the box, unit - backpack, radio controller, extra batteries and all and that the invoice was already made out. BUT..... they are currently out of stock and due to the new tariffs on Chinese goods, they don't know when they will be getting any in. So now it's just sit and wait.
United Radio on the other hand said that they will be sending me back my damaged unit. So at least I'll have a spare controller and some other spare parts should my Plus take another catastrophic dive.

Reactions: Windluv
You actually explained it very well. The term, "cluster f*ck" fits only too well in this particular situation: Neither Yuneec nor United Radio would contact me or update me on their own. Each time I got little tid-bits of information was when I would call or email United Radio (UR) and then they wouldn't have a clue as to what was happening. Finally, about two weeks ago (after having my H Plus for a month and a half!), UR told me they were waiting to hear back from Yuneec because they (UR) didn't know HOW to fix it!
Well, yesterday I actually got to speak with someone from Yuneec in California and he told me that they were going to just replace my drone - everything! Send me a brand new, in the box, unit - backpack, radio controller, extra batteries and all and that the invoice was already made out. BUT..... they are currently out of stock and due to the new tariffs on Chinese goods, they don't know when they will be getting any in. So now it's just sit and wait.
United Radio on the other hand said that they will be sending me back my damaged unit. So at least I'll have a spare controller and some other spare parts should my Plus take another catastrophic dive.
Hey everyone! I'm back. I haven't been flying much since I crashed my H Plus back in September. Even though I still had my Q500, I just didn't feel like flying. Actually, I was just having a hard time getting back on the horse.
Reason I quoted my own post is to catch everyone up on the "cluster f...".
I finally got a brand new H Plus from Yuneec since the repair shop Yuneec had me send it to (United Radio) couldn't fix it. It took them over three months to figure out what to do. Yuneec USA stuck with their story about the tariffs on Chinese goods, but we know that wasn't true because DJI is a Chinese company and they had no problems getting theirs shipped to the States. I even asked United Radio to send me back my ST16s since it wasn't broken and only a week old. They first said they were going to send my whole package back and then they said that they're keeping it. So, if you all can avoid it, DO NOT let Yuneec send your drones to United Radio in New York.

Anyway, this whole fiasco has left a sour taste in my mouth towards Yuneec and how they do business but I'm glad it's over and I'm VERY glad to have a brand new H Plus. Ty Pilot and I were out yesterday all afternoon flying and had a blast! The new Plus did great and I took a couple of test shots and some video. I didn't get a chance to see if the CCC works but I will after Christmas sometime.
Glad to be back here on the forum too. Hope all you "unique" pilots fly save, have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Shane Kelly Park (Little Island YUN_0003HPlus).jpg

Sorry to hear about the issues you had... I do feel your pain, as your warranty repair so similarly reflected my experience with the H. The repair was performed by Yuneec US, but it was at my own insistence, because of several negative reports on the third-party facility they initially wanted to send it to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop