Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus NFZ

Reaction score
I am torn between picking up a 520 or an H plus!!! Does anyone know if the H plus has NFZ or does it follow the lead of the 520 in that regard!!! I will be doing the majority of my commercial work specifically at a local airport and have already obtained special permission from the airport manager. I want to make sure the H plus will operate there. And also can the H plus software be upgraded to perform all the commercial operations that the 520 can?

I am torn between picking up a 520 or an H plus!!! Does anyone know if the H plus has NFZ or does it follow the lead of the 520 in that regard!!! I will be doing the majority of my commercial work specifically at a local airport and have already obtained special permission from the airport manager. I want to make sure the H plus will operate there. And also can the H plus software be upgraded to perform all the commercial operations that the 520 can?
Atm. There is supposedly no way to remove the NFZ but small discoveries are leading to it being there soon. If you need to fly within the next 2-3 months I would go with the H520

Sent from my SM-G920F using YuneecPilots Drone Forum mobile app

Atm. There is supposedly no way to remove the NFZ but small discoveries are leading to it being there soon. If you need to fly within the next 2-3 months I would go with the H520

Sent from my SM-G920F using YuneecPilots Drone Forum mobile app

This is a very encouraging news. Now, do you know of the developments are near for the H+?

The target audience for the H Plus are those who want high quality photos and video. The H520 is geared for inspections and mapping. The DataPilot used on the 520 will not be available on the H Plus.

I might be well for you to call the Yuneec Sales people and discuss your planned use before you make a decision.

I also work on a local and international airport. Yuneec told me at first that we could not remove the NFZ. So, I asked the DGAC (FAA US) to test at the botton of the control tower and in the presence of the air police.
The H PLUS took off without problem.
So, if you buy the H PLUS you give the seller reservations on this point and you try on the spot or the better you get one from the seller.
If you go by internet, you have 15 days to send it back (in France, at home I do not know)

Reactions: mbernholdt
I also work on a local and international airport. Yuneec told me at first that we could not remove the NFZ. So, I asked the DGAC (FAA US) to test at the botton of the control tower and in the presence of the air police.
The H PLUS took off without problem.
So, if you buy the H PLUS you give the seller reservations on this point and you try on the spot or the better you get one from the seller.
If you go by internet, you have 15 days to send it back (in France, at home I do not know)

Let me get this straight, yours flew within the confined of a known NFZ, if so what did you do, and how did you do it?

We have to better define “known NFZ”. The FAA does not create NFZ’s, multirotor makers create those. The FAA designates airspace types and generates regulations covering the airspace type. Access to most airspace is possible for those that meet the regulatory requirements.

Unlike DJI, Yuneec has not labeled most of the world as an NFZ requiring DJI’s permission to fly in. Yuneec’s list of NFZ’s is very small in comparison and a very great many locations restricted by DJI are wide open for Yuneec equipment. Although the individual was operating at an airport it’s evident Yuneec has not designated that location as an NFZ in their flight restriction software. I have 5 airports nearby that DJI restricts but Yuneec does not.

We must remember the FAA defines and controls airspace, not DJI or Yuneec. Neither has any legal authority to do so whatsoever.

Reactions: Ty Pilot and oliver
I am just so annoyed of why Yuneec has not found a FW patch, like of that of the H that allows pilots to fly within the NFZ, although my work are mostly 5 miles outside the zone. Each day, I log into this forum and log on the US website to check if the H+ has been included in the list that qualifies for the "No Fly Zone Release"

I did find a work around, if I know, I will be working on a site that once the H+ cannot fly, re-calibrate everything before each flight, and it seemed as though, I am able to fly in locations, where it was not possible before, due to the NFZ lock. By doing so, I am still able to have good GPS and the H+ is solid in the air, but the con is that once I land and restart the machine, it will no longer fly. I will do a video of this process.

Bear in mind the original H waiver software did not happen over night. It took 3 or 4 months from the May/June release for it to come about. Although I agree they should have been ahead of the game with the Plus and had waiver software ready to go when the Plus was first turned out, for the moment the focus needs to be on getting all the features that are available in the H-480 functioning on the Plus. There are a lot more people that need automated flight features than people that need to fly close to or at an airport. Ideally they would have enough software engineers networking to accomplish waiver and flight control stuff at the same time but I somehow think that’s not the case.

Their were several product releases scheduled for the time the Plus was supposed to be released. Even of it wasn’t quite ready there was no way Yuneec could have delayed release and obtained any sales after Anafi and Evo hit the streets. The early birds empty the wallets snd the late stuff sits on dealer shelves. Mavic complicated that further, and many are trying to sell their older DJI stuff to generate funds to buy. Good luck with that.

The Plus is improving, it just needs a little more time.

Last edited:
Reactions: floridajames04
Bear in mind the original H waiver software did not happen over night. It took 3 or 4 months from the May/June release for it to come about. Although I agree they should have been ahead of the game with the Plus and had waiver software ready to go when the Plus was first turned out, for the moment the focus needs to be on getting all the features that are available in the H-480 functioning on the Plus. There are a lot more people that need automated flight features than people that need to fly close to or at an airport. Ideally they would have enough software engineers networking to accomplish waiver and flight control stuff at the same time but I somehow think that’s not the case.

Their were several product releases scheduled for the time the Plus was supposed to be released. Even of it wasn’t quite ready there was no way Yuneec could have delayed release and obtained any sales after Anafi and Evo hit the streets. The early birds empty the wallets snd the late stuff sits on dealer shelves. Mavic complicated that further, and many are trying to sell their older DJI stuff to generate funds to buy. Good luck with that.

The Plus is improving, it just needs a little more time.

I didn’t want to reply on your first response about the whole NFZ, which is equivalent to the FAA CFR § 99.7 NO DRONE ZONE.

I have a deep rooted relationship with the other company (long story and no love loss) and now here I am, with my first Yuneec ship.

At first, I was skeptical and had my doubts towards the capabilities of the H+ and before I could move forward to getting a true mapper, the H520, I would like to have full confidence to the company that I will be investing my pocket full of dimes on. I fly on construction sites 6 days a week, I don’t have 1 site, I have multiple sites (not to brag, I’m fortunate to have turned my hobby into a livelihood)

The more, I fly my H+ for work the more, I appreciate this machine, my H+ hasn’t been giving me any problems and don’t get me started with the DJI and its GO APP, because I won’t go there [emoji23]

With my H+ I’ve already done my lat and alt stress test, and so far it’s been remarkably reliable, although there was one indecent, which I could not replicate, where it had the hiccups and suddenly went into manual mode, but aside from that. The H+ as my first Yuneec product is SOLID! I’m just wishing that I could use it more for work ( instead of my quads, DJI squad that I vowed to sell once Yuneec will let us register for NFZ waiver.

Now... YUNEEC patch that H+ NFZ lock!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I have already applied for NFZ for Europe in Yuneec.
No answers, so I test on the spot

I’ve completed mine as well, but it was through email and I sent all the necessary doc and photo copy of my 107
Hope it will come out soon.

Record-play-rewind,

Looking up 14 CFR 99.7, it references ADIZ and special security zones and would not be the foundation of NFZ's. A pilot can fly in both when they possess the required equipment and have permissions and/or make notifications as following sub sections describe. For us that would fall into FAA waiver territory, something that is a P.I.T.A. and slow to obtain but certainly obtainable prior to a flight. No multirotor manufacturer has the authority to provide legal approvals to fly in such locations. Perhaps there is a another code section that defines and creates NFZ's? I'm not aware of one but if you are and have a section to reference I'm open to becoming better enlightened.

Record-play-rewind,

Looking up 14 CFR 99.7, it references ADIZ and special security zones and would not be the foundation of NFZ's. A pilot can fly in both when they possess the required equipment and have permissions and/or make notifications as following sub sections describe. For us that would fall into FAA waiver territory, something that is a P.I.T.A. and slow to obtain but certainly obtainable prior to a flight. No multirotor manufacturer has the authority to provide legal approvals to fly in such locations. Perhaps there is a another code section that defines and creates NFZ's? I'm not aware of one but if you are and have a section to reference I'm open to becoming better enlightened.

LoL I have little time for a debate, I’m not retired
as of yet, I minus well spend it on work and researching on materials that can keep me flying bro, and one of my limitations right now is this NFZ lock. Once that’s taken care of, I’m happy I know DJI turns you on and possibly this topic of NFZ... Let’s move forward, gotta go to work, chat later.

No debates, just honest discussions:). I am retired but those that have done similar often find themselves pretty busy despite the illusion of having more time available;)

Are you in the EU or UK? If so, some of the recent regulatory changes are due to a multirotor company’s heavy lobbying to have their NFZ software concept incorporated into regional regulatory structures.

Yuneec makes a GUI download available but you have to fill out a form to hold them harmless, taking all responsibility for your drone operation. Go to the Yuneec site, see below. I downloaded it and followed the instructions. I can now connect my Typhoon to my computer, open the GUI and either enable or disable the ability to fly in the NFZs. Works li8ke a charm.

BTW, I live near Los Angeles. Do a search for TyphoonHGUI. Here's the link to their site. Downloads Typhoon H

Yuneec makes a GUI download available but you have to fill out a form to hold them harmless, taking all responsibility for your drone operation. Go to the Yuneec site, see below. I downloaded it and followed the instructions. I can now connect my Typhoon to my computer, open the GUI and either enable or disable the ability to fly in the NFZs. Works li8ke a charm.

BTW, I live near Los Angeles. Do a search for TyphoonHGUI. Here's the link to their site. Downloads Typhoon H
Thank you, we search for the T PLUS ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi