Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus POI Video Not Smooth - Video Sample Link - Help Fixing?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I mentioned C23 camera movement in an earlier post, but this is different. I am now encountering an issue with jerky motion that I think might be unrelated to the camera itself, but more a problem with the drone's Point OF Interest mode, as it makes constant corrections while circling the marked center of the object. Please see the video clip link below. The motion is especially noticeable around 00:28 on the video, but can be seen throughout. It looks like the drone cannot properly lock onto the POI object, drifts off the center point, then quickly has to correct itself back to the center point. This basically ruins the video and looks like a poor job of circling the building manually. It also makes the POI/ orbit mode useless.

Does anyone know of a way to get the drone to stop doing this so that I can obtain a smooth circle-around? I could be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I am carefully marking the center point while hovering over it, then moving back to set the radius, and then slowly pushing the right stick to the right or left to start (after hitting start on the controller). I've never had this problem with any of the other drone models I've used. Any insight into this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

On this vidéo, for me, no problem. POI is correct. If i can do that with my typhoon i'm so happy. Just a wind on the small tree, and on 1,9 kg for the typhoon, you can get 100 gr more. Nice vidéo.

Hello Everyone! I mentioned C23 camera movement in an earlier post, but this is different. I am now encountering an issue with jerky motion that I think might be unrelated to the camera itself, but more a problem with the drone's Point OF Interest mode, as it makes constant corrections while circling the marked center of the object. Please see the video clip link below. The motion is especially noticeable around 00:28 on the video, but can be seen throughout. It looks like the drone cannot properly lock onto the POI object, drifts off the center point, then quickly has to correct itself back to the center point. This basically ruins the video and looks like a poor job of circling the building manually. It also makes the POI/ orbit mode useless.

Does anyone know of a way to get the drone to stop doing this so that I can obtain a smooth circle-around? I could be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I am carefully marking the center point while hovering over it, then moving back to set the radius, and then slowly pushing the right stick to the right or left to start (after hitting start on the controller). I've never had this problem with any of the other drone models I've used. Any insight into this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I agree that the POI is not working properly in that video. It looks like the yaw is not synced with the lateral movement of the drone.

If this was the H480 I would suggest doing the accelerometer and gimbal calibrations, but those are not available on the H+. Was it windy when this video was taken?

Indeed, corrections appear on the axis of the yaw, but they could be due to gusts of wind, which are well present, as seen from the plants that move on the side of the house.

I give you a tip to make a good shot in POI (or FAP... fly around point) : it is necessary to bring the drone at low altitude exactly on the vertical of the point chosen as the axis of rotation, after that take altitude vertically to bring the drone to the desired altitude, then retreats with the drone until you get the perspective you like, and then you launch the POI.

This POI was done with the H Plus (not regular 480), so I guess I can't do anything to fix the yaw sync problem :-( It wasn't really windy, although some tree blowing was noticed, but I have not had that problem in even higher winds with drones like the P4 or even the 480. Thanks for the insight into this.

Indeed, corrections appear on the axis of the yaw, but they could be due to gusts of wind, which are well present, as seen from the plants that move on the side of the house.

I give you a tip to make a good shot in POI (or FAP... fly around point) : it is necessary to bring the drone at low altitude exactly on the vertical of the point chosen as the axis of rotation, after that take altitude vertically to bring the drone to the desired altitude, then retreats with the drone until you get the perspective you like, and then you launch the POI.
Yes, I have been setting the POI exactly as you described. Still camera is correcting every 20 feet or so. I don't know if this is from the camera itself correcting the yaw or the drone body...

Yes, I have been setting the POI exactly as you described. Still camera is correcting every 20 feet or so. I don't know if this is from the camera itself correcting the yaw or the drone body...
If you post the flight logs, we can at least try to see if the craft itself is generating the odd movement.
Have you done any recent firmware updates or maintenance that could be related?

Below is a link to my upload of the telemtry files (Remote and Telemetry CSV) for the time and date of the POI in the video. Apologies, but I don't know how to identify the exact moment when I ran the POI from the data in the files. Does anyone know how to tell, and how can one see that anything was off with the yaw, etc? I didn't run any firmware updates, but I did send it back to Vertigo (bought new from them a few months ago) to have them look at it because the landing gear were getting stuck upon returning for landing. They were baffled by the problem as they said they even installed a new gear motor, but both gear were refusing to retract/ return alternately. They also installed a 4-Hawks Raptor for me. I've been calibrating the drone before flights and the gear problem appears to have gone away last couple of flights, but I still bring a laundry basket just in case! All else is working normally.

Not much I can see at my level of expertise. There does not appear to be drone movement that would be beyond the ability of the gimbal to compensate. And almost no unintended YAW signal from the controller. The little I see on the charts was actually at a point in time after the video had ended anyway. It is possible the issue is related to the IMU or position sensors (magnet problem?) I don't know enough about the firmware to address what is or is not normal. @Ty Pilot could certainly add more useful information there.
Do you have more POI video that could be used for comparison?

This is a quick look at some data cut from the telemetry:
Flight 121.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr
I saw the video and you can see the pulsing of yaw throughout which shows up in @WTFDproject 's picture above. POI is one of those automated features I almost never used because they never did give me the shot I wanted so I don't have enough experience to say that this is normal or not.

It seems to me that if this movement is in the aircraft and not the camera, one could see it happening from the ground. However if it is the camera, the aircraft's movement around the arc would show little or no movement in the yaw axis as it progressed. That would then beg the question - does this camera and gimble work smoothly in all other phases of flight?

I mentioned C23 camera movement in an earlier post, but this is different.

Reactions: WTFDproject
During the POI it is evident there are no inputs on the controller. There are abrupt changes in the horizontal speed that do not make sense. Do you have the RealSense module installed? If so, was it on or in standby while performing the POI?

Not much I can see at my level of expertise. There does not appear to be drone movement that would be beyond the ability of the gimbal to compensate. And almost no unintended YAW signal from the controller. The little I see on the charts was actually at a point in time after the video had ended anyway. It is possible the issue is related to the IMU or position sensors (magnet problem?) I don't know enough about the firmware to address what is or is not normal. @Ty Pilot could certainly add more useful information there.
Do you have more POI video that could be used for comparison?

This is a quick look at some data cut from the telemetry:
View attachment 28217
Wow. How were you able to get all the detailed charts about the flight?

During the POI it is evident there are no inputs on the controller. There are abrupt changes in the horizontal speed that do not make sense. Do you have the RealSense module installed? If so, was it on or in standby while performing the POI?
I do not have the Realsense module installed. ;-(

I do not have the Realsense module installed. ;-(
Just a guess at why the POI was jerky. If RealSense is active and gets false positives from sunlight or reflections it could have been a contributing factor.

POI’s done with my H480 are smooth. Would be good to know if other H+ users have this issue with the POI function.

I agree. Would like to hear about others and their H Plus.' My 480's camera movement is smooth in all movements as well, so I'm thinking it has to do with the camera design of the C23 and/ or the yaw stabilization being loose. I don't know if replacing the yaw motor would make a differrence - this is a brand-new unit (supposedly) which cost me over 1,600 bucks. This is frustrating because I can't return it, and I really like the drone othrerwise. Like I said, maybe the round casing of the 480's CGO3+ makes all the difference with the aerodynamics - and the C23 has flat sides that catch the wind. I hate it, but I guess I have no other choice but to invest in Mavic 2 or 3 Pro.

If anyone wants to buy this unit with the case, kit, 2 sets of props, all accessories and 4 good Yuneec 4P batteries - in mint shape with an installed Raptor SR - I'll sell it all for $700 less shipping (I'll check though UPS or USPS). Have the new receipt from Vertigo from a few months ago. The unit flies great and has amazing image quality but I can't deal with the jerking gimbal videos. I'm still keeping my 480.

Wow. How were you able to get all the detailed charts about the flight?
They are from the program developed by @h-elsner. It comes with a user's manual. See the post in this link:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval