Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus presale questions

Reaction score
I just sold my old Typhoon H with Intel RealSense so I am now browsing for new drone and it will be H Plus or Mavic 2 pro.
So I am creating pros & cons list.
Anyway, on DJI website there is this no fly zone map so we can know exactly areas where flying is forbidden, but where can i find such map for Yuneec NFZ ?

For about Intel RealSense on H+, is this module completely the same hardware as on old H or what ? I mean, on Yuneec store it is the same product for H+ and H.

What is your real time doing operations in the air with H+ until first battery warning ?

Anything you want to add that I should consider when choosing between these two copters, please fille free to write here.

Last edited:
Do you need something compact or are you comfortable with a larger Hex?
Do you fly in windy conditions?
How many batteries do you need?
Do you fly in any NFZ's?
Do you fly BVLOS?

I am aware of these differences about flying, I just want to learn about some other differences, like NFZ restrictions on both, etc.
On DJI website I see this map and these instructions abotu restrictions but I am not sure exactly whyt restrictions can I remove myself from the controller right away, and which require longer procedure for removing restriction.

Old Typhoon H could be in the air only about 15 minutes and I was properly storing my batteries. So when they say about 30 minutes for H+, not sure about that, so I want to know from your experience, compared to Mavic 2 Pro battery.

I am comfortable with larger Hex , specially because it is better visible in the sky, but then again it is probably much more easier to maneuver Mavic 2.
Mainly flying in VLOS.

Do you want to have Dji know your every move?
I don't in general, but I want to know more about DJI features so I can choose next drone, so this "DJI looking over me" will not be crucial for my decision.

@Ty Pilot and a few others can give you a great insight on the H+.
He mentioned to me new batteries on the H+ was slightly over 17 minutes, but as it aged it's down to 13 or so minutes.
You can apply for a forever NFZ if you have a 107, if not you can only get a temporary NFZ, I think up to 90 days?
I have the forever NFZ, I haven't had issues or need permission ahead of time to fly from the manufacture. I just go to LAANC and apply.

Last edited:
I am in Europe so 107 is not applicable for me.
So you are saying that ther is actually no improvement for flight time on new H+.
is this really true, anyone else can confirm this ?

The NFZ's on Yuneec here in the US are class B and C airports and other permanent No Fly's like around Disney, the White House and so forth but I do not believe Yuneec has published an actual map for all of their NFZ's.

Not sure about the Real Sense being exactly the same on the H and Plus. The Plus is a totally different system and is not compatible with any of the controllers or wizards from the H so my guess is the RS has some different coding or something while externally it looks the same.

The Plus uses a different type of LiPo called LiHv or Lithium High Volt and is reported to give longer flight times. My longest flight time with the 480 was around 17.5 minutes and now that those batteries have hundreds of flights that time is down to about 13 or 14 minutes. On the Plus I was getting slightly more - a little over 18 minutes in roughly the same conditions and so forth. . . at first. The LiHv's seem to age quicker than standard LiPo's and if you do a google search. others say the same thing. I think 30 minutes is impossible with the Plus, but if you remove the RS module you can gain possibly another three or four minutes.

In General I think the Plus is a very good platform. You simply cannot fault the camera as it is superb for this class of drone. Things could be improved but overall, if I were to buy another craft in this range today, I would get another Plus. But to be honest, I prefer many of the aspects of the Typhoon layout and controller over anything currently available. I would like to get a MP2 but only as an addition to my fleet, not as the front line work horse.

Thanks for the insight.
Battery is still problem for Typhoon but then again I realize that this is 6 rotor system and is heavier than M2.

For Intel Realsense like I said I see in the store that there is only one module for purchasing and applies to old H and new H+, so it seems hardware is the same.

What you think about camera comparison between these two ? Which camera/lense is better ?

My thoughts are too that the best combo would be H+ and M2

I have not had any imagery or video from a MP2 directly so I cannot make a fair comparison, It is very good no doubt. The C23 has some quirks of it's own and if you do a search in this forum for 'what do you want to see on H Plus' you will find a lot of us have similar complaints.

In Time lapse mode, the setting for 5 seconds is more like six and a half seconds.

The JPG's are crap - way over sharpened but the DNG's are beautiful. You cannot shoot just DNG only and the fastest you can take photos is about every three seconds.

The way the C23 makes folders and starts the count at 001 is maddening but you get used to it.

And there are others but in the end, for me; and the type of work I do, I can put up the the negatives from the H Plus for now.

The MP2's portability at times seems very handy, but there are times when I prefer the bulk and heft of the Plus. We do real estate and the Plus looks and acts the parts for that type of work and any of the shortcomings of it or the C23 really don't hamper those types of operations for me. But yeah there are times I would like to grab something like the MP2 and hop on my bike and just go anywhere. I will probably end up with one now that I am thinking about it.

I was a DJI guy first and the six rotor, rotating gimbal, retracting gear and especially the controller with built in screen lured me away from the Phantom line and as long as the Phantom stayed as it was I stayed with Yuneec. However, Yuneec is slow to recognize problems and respond with the right solution so at times owning a Yuneec takes a little patience. On the other hand we do not have to deal with some of the issues that are part of the DJI culture. For me it really comes down to seeing which fits in with all of it's quirks to the needs we have and it is a real close call either way I think.

Reactions: h-elsner and dxer
I’ve flown out a lot of batteries in Mavics, Phantoms, and Inspires and found that when flying in an average manner they all last somewhere around 18 minutes unless you push them to the last possible second.

The person that just hovers in a no wind environment or never flies any significant distance will obtain more air time but that isn’t what I’d call average flying.

For me all the clamor over which flies longer on a battery, brand x or brand y is a whole lot of hot air. They aren’t all that much different, with the conditions and how you fly having too much impact on duration to make a lot of difference greater than 3-5 minutes or so.

Just buy whatever will do what you need it to do and plan your flight time accordingly.

The Plus uses a different type of LiPo called LiHv or Lithium High Volt and is reported to give longer flight times. My longest flight time with the 480 was around 17.5 minutes and now that those batteries have hundreds of flights that time is down to about 13 or 14 minutes. On the Plus I was getting slightly more - a little over 18 minutes in roughly the same conditions and so forth. . . at first. The LiHv's seem to age quicker than standard LiPo's and if you do a google search. others say the same thing.
I confirm you ! My LiHv they have more and more difficulties to enter the in H PLUS!! And you ?

@oliver, I did notice they are getting a little tighter to install but the batteries are not 'puffed' like normal LiPo's where there is a soft sponginess to them, my Plus batteries are tight between the frames but they are beginning to need a little more force to insert properly.

It would be nice if we had the ability to change the low battery warning setting so that we could use a standard Typhoon H LiPo - we could probably get just as much flight time and certainly longer battery life for less cost.

@oliver, I did notice they are getting a little tighter to install but the batteries are not 'puffed' like normal LiPo's where there is a soft sponginess to them, my Plus batteries are tight between the frames but they are beginning to need a little more force to insert properly.

It would be nice if we had the ability to change the low battery warning setting so that we could use a standard Typhoon H LiPo - we could probably get just as much flight time and certainly longer battery life for less cost.
I have 2 LIHV, the original one delivered with the H PLUS since June 11, 2018. They were systematically used first for all my flights, then I used batteries of H 480 (new and used). They have therefore been used to the maximum. But even my first battery of the H480 (which is no longer used) easier to pen in the H PLUS.
All my batteries are numbered and their internal resistance are followed on an excel board.
The high price of the LIHV is not justified as much for reliability as time of flight. I use on the PLUS 14 H480 and 2 LIHV batteries.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I’ve flown out a lot of batteries in Mavics, Phantoms, and Inspires and found that when flying in an average manner they all last somewhere around 18 minutes unless you push them to the last possible second.

Bench (manufacturers spec) vs. Flight (The real world)
From my personal log. Some numbers are great others are poor.
( time are rounded to the nearest 10)

*Mavic Pro: Dedicated for asset management, inspection, mapping.
- 19min @50%
- 24min squeezed @30%

*Mavic 2 Pro w/ payload Hasselblad: Dedicated for progressive, mapping.
- 19min @50%
- 22min squeezed @30%

*Inspire 1 w/ payload x5 w/ oly 14-42mm: Dedicated for asset management, inspection.
- 16min @50%
- 18.3min squeezed @30%

*Inspire 2 w/ payload x4s w/ oly 12mm: Dedicated for mapping.
- 16min @50%
- 20.5min squeezed @30%

* No cell deviation and cycled every 20 flights.

*TH Plus w/ payload C23: Dedicated for asset management, inspection only
- 14min @50%
- 17min squeezed @30%

* IR at green (assuming safe. No cell deviation) charger used DY5 as main charger and aftermarket charger to balance the cells.

Reactions: oliver and dxer
I have had my H plus for a little less than a month and get between 19:20 and 22:00 flight time with each battery. That is flying and not hovering. I have not had less than 19:20 on a flight yet.

I have had my H plus for a little less than a month and get between 19:20 and 22:00 flight time with each battery. That is flying and not hovering. I have not had less than 19:20 on a flight yet.
So is this anomally or what ? ?

Maybe I am just lucky. I did not realize that others were getting a few minutes less on average. Also take into consideration factors such as wind, altitude, speed etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval