Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus Won't Lift-off

Reaction score
I'm updated and flying a 1.1.03

Here's the story. I flew the drone, twice yesterday. The first time was a trial flight for what I was wanting to do and everything (start to finish) was normal. Second flight, maybe a half-mile out, approx. 100 ft. high, nothing between me and the bird, the controllers stop functioning properly. The right stick would not forward the craft and the drone was slowly drifting off course when it should have been in a stable hover. Not panicking yet, fingers crossed, I hit the "return home" button and thankfully it brought it back, safe and sound. I shut the drone down and changed out to a fully charged battery (never shutting the ST16 off). I thought perhaps I'd flown the drone too far out. That had happened once before with a similar result.

So … I pushed the drones power-up button and gave time for the satellites to connect and a home position to be recorded (as I've done many times before.) I pushed the start button on the ST16, the drone motors fired-up, I pushed the left stick forward to lift off and ….. nothing. The motors soon after that stopped and I got a double beep. I had not changed take-off positions. The battery I switched to was brand new and since everything was reading normal and the blades turned, I doubted it was a battery issue. To be certain. I installed another battery (yes, fully charged) and the very same thing (I described above happened.) The motors fired, the props spun but the left stick wouldn't raise it.

No I'm not within 5 miles of an airport, and besides, it had successfully flown from that very same spot 5 minutes previously. This was yesterday evening.

A little while ago I started all over again but in another location I'd flown from successfully before, thinking maybe there was an electrical interference of some sort in the previous location the day before, (even though I had one very successful flight there.) Bottom line. The drone responded the same.

Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated. If I don't get feedback here I'll call Yuneec.

Thanks!

WOW, I had that happen to me yesterday........powered up on a complete newly charged battery, went through all the standard procedures, waited for proper sat coverage (drone and controller) and upon seconds after turning on the engines it shutdown instantly and made those beeps. I got a geomagnetic warning just prior to that so to make sure it wasnt any reinforcements under the pavement I moved the drone 5-10 feet away onto solid ground and tried again, this time with success and flew a full battery with no problems.

Satellites reset to Zero. Maybe they gave;) the wrong date, Instead of the 6th they meant the 7th??

Satellites reset to Zero. Maybe they gave;) the wrong date, Instead of the 6th they meant the 7th??
Easy way to check if it is a GPS issue or not. Go back to the same spot where your TH wouldn't take off and disable the GPS and see if it'll take off like that. If you then land and enable the GPS again and it won't take off, you have your answer.

WOW, I had that happen to me yesterday........powered up on a complete newly charged battery, went through all the standard procedures, waited for proper sat coverage (drone and controller) and upon seconds after turning on the engines it shutdown instantly and made those beeps. I got a geomagnetic warning just prior to that so to make sure it wasnt any reinforcements under the pavement I moved the drone 5-10 feet away onto solid ground and tried again, this time with success and flew a full battery with no problems.

Well, hmmm... happy for you. :)

Maybe a GPS outage locally due to military testing?

What about GPS on phone or car?

Did a shutdown/restart help?

Yeah, I was aware of that possible issue but since no one else has reported the issue (at least not here in this forum) I figured it wasn't that.

Maybe a GPS outage locally due to military testing?

What about GPS on phone or car?

Did a shutdown/restart help?

As to the first question, I don't know.

The second question - I tried the next day from a very different location. Same problem.

What build is 1.1.03?

Controller and app. Controller though, ends in 12 and the app in 20

Look into your “software update” and note down the Build. For example: Version 1.1.03_20190312 is Build 822

It wouldn’t hurt to do a check with GUI. See if the ST16 is talking to the H

Have you checked your GPS switch? Do you see anything in your log that you can't switch flight mode?

I had similar issues a few days ago I posted the solution from yuneec in the forum look under pinned posts [emoji16]

GUI don't work with the plus [emoji19]
It wouldn’t hurt to do a check with GUI. See if the ST16 is talking to the H

Reactions: biltno
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my