Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

h3 batteries

Reaction score
noticed that i now have difficulty inserting and removing one of my h3 batteries - have read about problems with the connection pins overheating - is it time to get new batteries? my other battery slides in and out with no problem

noticed that i now have difficulty inserting and removing one of my h3 batteries - have read about problems with the connection pins overheating - is it time to get new batteries? my other battery slides in and out with no problem
with closer inspection of said battery - i noticed a increase in size (bulge) on the top and underside of the battery at the location of where the two silver rectangular shape stickers are affixed too. Other battery looks flat at these areas. can see why it is more difficult to remove or insert

Do you use a charger that has the capability to put them at storage charge voltage?

The OEM charger is okay for charging, but that is all.

with closer inspection of said battery - i noticed a increase in size (bulge) on the top and underside of the battery at the location of where the two silver rectangular shape stickers are affixed too. Other battery looks flat at these areas. can see why it is more difficult to remove or insert
been flying h3 recently - returning home to charge batteries and St16 using charger that came with h3 - did further research regarding battery and found that balloning batteries should no longer be used - will purchase new ones -

Are you storing them for more than 48 hours at full charge? The LiHV packs used by the H3 should be stored at ≈15.6V (3.9V/cell).

don't know if the OEM charger charges fully at 15.6v - once green light remains on i remove from charger and stored till used - are you recommending a smarter charger that will eliminating balloning?

don't know if the OEM charger charges fully at 15.6v - once green light remains on i remove from charger and stored till used - are you recommending a smarter charger that will eliminating balloning?
If you are charging them in the OEM charger until you get the green light, then they are being fully charged to 17.4V or 17.6V. When you store a LiHV or LiPo battery at full charge they tend to swell and cause the issue you are having. If you want a easy way to do storage charge without having adapter cables I would suggest getting the DY5 charger designed for the H3. Be cautious when purchasing a DY5. They make one for the H+ and H520 that uses Deans connectors, one for the H520E that charges to a different voltage, and one for the H3. The one for the H3 and H520E use the same blade type connector.

Reactions: ArcticFrost
been flying h3 recently - returning home to charge batteries and St16 using charger that came with h3 - did further research regarding battery and found that balloning batteries should no longer be used - will purchase new ones -
Basically, what the O.P. "original poster" is saying it's that after each time he uses his drone, he fully charged all his batteries and stores them that way.

That is the worst thing you can do for lipo batteries.

You should never store your batteries at full charge.

Get a regular lipo battery charger that has storage voltage option. Also get a adapter so you can connect your batteries to the regular battery charger.

After each time you finish flying your drones, one by one use the battery charger and adapter in storage voltage mode, and return all your lipo batteries to storage voltage.

You will no longer be damaging your batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430