Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 for photogrammetry surveying?

Reaction score
Just had the thought: since the L1 camera should have a better lens and more sensitive sensor than the e90/c23 camera it may well be better than the e90 for surveys.

Has anyone tried doing surveying or 3d modelling with it?

Where did you hear (or see) that the H3 has a better sensor than the C23 or E90? Every indication from the specs is that the L1 has the same sensor and determining the 'better' lens has really not been established as far as any independent sources.

I ask because I have been curious about the new camera since it was announced and have found very little other than a few random YT videos.

Reactions: johnnyb57
I don't know if it is better, but given all the marketing around it, it certainly should be! Like you I haven't seen any proper reviews of the camera.

In fact the lack of interest in it, it having yet another Yuneec manual that looks like it isn't even fully written yet, lack of listings for the parts (in particular a spare ST16S controller for team mode) makes me wonder if Yuneec are just going to stop bothering about it, again.

I'm selling my Inspire 1 which I've used for photography and was thinking of getting the H3 as a replacement (with it being lighter and possibly fitting into the new C2 category we now have in Europe). Was wondering if I could also use to replace my H520 for mapping.

But, I'm also now considering jumping ship completely and using the Autel Evo 2 with 6K camera for videos and mapping.... I just like being able to use team mode with my photographer controlling the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece