Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 gimbal calibration?

Reaction score
So I've had my H3 for a couple of weeks now. I LOVE this drone. Amazing photo/video quality, and the last firmware/software update fixed the issue I was having with camera signal loss on the ST 16 S. Now I've noticed another issue: after flying for a few minutes in high speed, I've noticed the horizon becomes crooked, always down on the right, up on the left, no matter which way I orientate the drone or pan camera. I've scoured the web, YouTube, and the threads here and I've found all the instructions for calibrating the gimbal on the H and H plus, but the ST 16 S lacks the option for gimbal calibration in the settings. Does anyone know if it's possible to calibrate the gimbal on the H3?

Not much is widely known about the H3 yet. But the issue you describe does not sound like a calibration issue. It may be a firmware issue Yuneec needs to resolve, but mostly it sounds like a defective IMU or gimbal board. Have you contacted Yuneec?

Not yet. I was hoping to be able to resolve this issue without having to send it in for repairs. It really is a great drone, just seems to have some relatively minor issues. The flight characteristics and image quality are outstanding. I just formed an LLC for aerial photography and decided to go with the H3 because of those qualities and the fact that a lot of people unfamiliar with drones seem to think that the bigger the drone, the more professional it is. The minor stuff is like this is really frustrating when you're trying to get a new business up and running.

I have an e90 camera that does that, resetting its roll angle in flight to about 20degrees starboard down. I just managed to complete the survey by constantly landing and recalibrating the gimbal.

I phoned yuneec uk technical and they said I should send it in for them to rebuild the firmware. (Technical support is excellent in the UK, you can get through to someone who actually helped make the component sometimes. )

My H3 is at Yuneec Germany rigth now for the same error, hope they can fix it and they make a software fix so you can calibrate it via the remote controller like alle other drones i have had.

The pictures and the way the drone flyes is the bedst i have had yet.

But it seems like the software is very poor:

where is log book, where is map, and yes where is calibrate gimbal ???

Hope they will fix these things.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital