Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H480 Controller options

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
Can an H480 be controlled with an ST24?
I have seen a video where one is used with a 480 in Team Mode, with an ST16 as primary start up/camera controller. This suggests that one could just use an ST24 in Single Mode. Can anyone verify this?

My best guess is no. The flight control firmware between an H and the original 920 are completely different.

Reactions: DCH
Yes I would guess, but this YouTube video clearly shows an ST24 being use for flight control in Team Mode on a H480:
Yuneec Typhoon H Team Mode Procedure
There is no narration to explain what if anything they did to the ST24. Somehow they were able to get around the 920 firmware. They must have been able to add H480 to the model list and the ST24 knew what to do with it.

If you look closely at the upper left of the ST24 display it looks like its says "Model: Typhoon H Master", but it's blurry most of the time.

Last edited:
There is at least one 920 system modified by people in the U.K. to do something like that.

The 920 Plus has the same FC as an H but uses an ST-16 possessing firmware for both the H and 920. ST-24 controllers have become a bit scarce after Yuneec recalled 920’s for conversion to the Plus but if you’re inclined to experiment, go on a quest.

Reactions: DCH
Well I have enough quests to keep me occupied thank you, and I'm not looking to drop any money on an iffy experiment -although it might give me an excuse to buy a 920;), but unfortunately not the funds:( ...Just more of a curiosity.

ST-24 controllers have become a bit scarce after Yuneec recalled 920’s for conversion to the Plus

Are you saying that the 920 Plus comes with an ST16 and not an ST24 anymore?

Well I have enough quests to keep me occupied thank you, and I'm not looking to drop any money on an iffy experiment -although it might give me an excuse to buy a 920;), but unfortunately not the funds:( ...Just more of a curiosity.

Are you saying that the 920 Plus comes with an ST16 and not an ST24 anymore?
Yes, the H920+ uses the ST16.

Seabee,

How many Pluses do you have now, 3? I’m still the “poor kid” on the block with only 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda