Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 AUDIO Recording? Anyone?

Reaction score
Guys I've tried looking everywhere to record audio on the 520. I have both the E90 & E50 but cannot seem to locate any switch or process to record audio.
Yes I'm aware the props will be loud but with audio software I could possibly capture whats needed.
Looking for any ideas if the 520 is not capable to support audio.

No audio can be recorded where there is no microphone. Probably the simplest way if the recording needed to be in flight is to get one of the small digital recorders available and mount to the 520. Just before takeoff, record a countdown. You could then easily attach the audio track to the video.

Reactions: pjlavell
No audio can be recorded where there is no microphone. Probably the simplest way if the recording needed to be in flight is to get one of the small digital recorders available and mount to the 520. Just before takeoff, record a countdown. You could then easily attach the audio track to the video.

Thank you very much for the quick response.
Works for me.

Guys I've tried looking everywhere to record audio on the 520. I have both the E90 & E50 but cannot seem to locate any switch or process to record audio.
Yes I'm aware the props will be loud but with audio software I could possibly capture whats needed.
Looking for any ideas if the 520 is not capable to support audio.

PJ,

If you find a microphone on either camera, please let us know! I have the E50 and have never seen an audio option.

If we search for specs, we see “microphone - yes” for the CGO3+ (H480), but we do not see “microphone” or “audio” in any of the H520’s camera lists of features.

I believe that is your answer.

While I do not expect usable audio from flight footage, I do notice, when I forget to switch on the audio for my H480 flights, reviewing the footage isn’t as enjoyable. Something is missing. The sense of motion is enhanced by the changes in motor pitch and wind noise. Can always mute or turn off the sound while reviewing, but if it is not there...

Also, nice to be able to get a feel for how much wind was really up there!

Jeff

Last edited:
PJ,

If you find a microphone on either camera, please let us know! I have the E50 and have never seen an audio option.

If we search for specs, we see “microphone - yes” for the CGO3+ (H480), but we do not see “microphone” or “audio” in any of the H520’s camera lists of features.

I believe that is your answer.

Jeff

Yes sir,
I have the 480 CGO3+ as well and you are correct. There is an option for microphone but I have yet to use it or attempt to.
I'm new to the H520 and have read the manual and trolled the forum for everything I could pick up.
Recently I had a crowd of 500 people wave for me simultaneously as I did a controlled fly by. When I shared the video with music the common response was "where's the crowd voices"? Everyone wanted to hear the crowd and did NOT want the music.
Of course I could have easily recorded the crowd with another device but I did forget.
Hind-site is 20/20 and a learning experience.

Yes sir,
I have the 480 CGO3+ as well and you are correct. There is an option for microphone but I have yet to use it or attempt to.
I'm new to the H520 and have read the manual and trolled the forum for everything I could pick up.
Recently I had a crowd of 500 people wave for me simultaneously as I did a controlled fly by. When I shared the video with music the common response was "where's the crowd voices"? Everyone wanted to hear the crowd and did NOT want the music.
Of course I could have easily recorded the crowd with another device but I did forget.
Hind-site is 20/20 and a learning experience.
Yes, the audio from the crowd or ambient noise is often more desirable and is usually dubbed in to the video. Even having a mic on the drone, the audio is not as usable. I have flown units with GoPros with audio and the audio is not near as good as recording on the ground and dubbing it in.

Yes, the audio from the crowd or ambient noise is often more desirable and is usually dubbed in to the video. Even having a mic on the drone, the audio is not as usable. I have flown units with GoPros with audio and the audio is not near as good as recording on the ground and dubbing it in.

Was thinking the same thing, 10-8.

I have not progressed to the “crowd noise” piece of the puzzle. However, I am surprised once in awhile how much the cgo3+ does pick up. Just tough to separate from the sound of the H480 itself.

Everyone waved and said Happy Easter
Was thinking the same thing, 10-8.

I have not progressed to the “crowd noise” piece of the puzzle. However, I am surprised once in awhile how much the cgo3+ does pick up. Just tough to separate from the sound of the H480 itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430