Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Forum Page

As I have some DJI drones (e.g. the Inspire 2), I'm seriously considering the H520. Main reason is the easy Infrared camera.
But another issue is the IP class of this drone. Can somebody confirm that it is actually (splash) water proof?
I want to do some inspections here in Africa and my Mavic does a perfect job in just filming, one obstacle is that it can't fly in the rain.

So, can de H520???

Reactions: SirJohn99
As I have some DJI drones (e.g. the Inspire 2), I'm seriously considering the H520. Main reason is the easy Infrared camera.
But another issue is the IP class of this drone. Can somebody confirm that it is actually (splash) water proof?
I want to do some inspections here in Africa and my Mavic does a perfect job in just filming, one obstacle is that it can't fly in the rain.

So, can de H520???

I can answer that. NO. Heat buildup, ventilation problems.

The Matrice 200 is IP 43 rated, I think they price in the 8000 to 15000 USD range.

I did see a video by one of the techs flying a waterproofed H. I presume this could be done with the 520 as well.

Maybe you can increase the water resistence of the 520 ( i own one too),putting an adhesive belt on vent holes but another issue will rise immediately: no more working 100% cooling system for ESC, motherboard and so on.... up to me , for the motors, it wouldn’t be a big problem, cause while they’re revving automatically they create an air umbrella that keep the water far fm magnets ... anyway with a compressed fresh air it should be easy dry them...
I did see a video by one of the techs flying a waterproofed H. I presume this could be done with the 520 as well.

I’ve got a can of that and use it although not for waterproofing the H. It works as advertised on what I’ve used it for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz