Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20650
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20650

So, I have read different threads on the forum and have this question.
Is the H520 worth getting? I have seen people talk about pros and cons. And, not sure if there is any one thing besides having extra motors for not falling out of sky and pricing for RTK version over P4P RTK. Other than that it appears to be something that is loved and hated. I want to get into mapping, inspections and 3D modeling. I have been trying to figure out what drone to invest in (which I thought would be the H520). Please school me on why I should get one. Thanks in advance!

Blackbird 1

The H520 is designed for exactly what you want to do. You can do those things without the RTK and can add it later as your needs dictate.
There are several things the 520 has that others do not.

There is no geofencing. None. There is no nanny ware preventing you from starting the motors and flying your mission. You don't need permission from the manufacturer to fly. Ever. The total responsibility for safe and legal flights is with the pilot. That's the way it should be.

You will never have to be concerned about your flight logs or any information on your system being sent anywhere unless you send it. Yuneec has never had an interest in what people do with the products they buy. In fact, they don't want to be bothered with it unless you have a problem.

The H520 and the H Plus are probably two of the best drones in windy conditions. They will out perform anything you are considering.

There is most certainly a learning curve. You should plan to spend a lot of time reading and watching videos both for DataPilot and the software that will be used for mapping.

The H520 is designed for exactly what you want to do. You can do those things without the RTK and can add it later as your needs dictate.
There are several things the 520 has that others do not.

There is no geofencing. None. There is no nanny ware preventing you from starting the motors and flying your mission. You don't need permission from the manufacturer to fly. Ever. The total responsibility for safe and legal flights is with the pilot. That's the way it should be.

You will never have to be concerned about your flight logs or any information on your system being sent anywhere unless you send it. Yuneec has never had an interest in what people do with the products they buy. In fact, they don't want to be bothered with it unless you have a problem.

The H520 and the H Plus are probably two of the best drones in windy conditions. They will out perform anything you are considering.

There is most certainly a learning curve. You should plan to spend a lot of time reading and watching videos both for DataPilot and the software that will be used for mapping.

Thanks for the response. Those are some good points. I guess the other thing that comes to mind is people talking about updates or lack there of that make it more on par with what systems are out there now. Like some drones have a POI out of the box and from my understanding the H520 didn’t until an update or 2 ago. So, it seems like they are lacking in functionality that other systems have. Just curious. Then I see people talking about updates not working or something to the effect. Just looking for info on it. I really like the idea of the H520. It looks more professional and robust, plus hot swappable cameras is really a great idea.

Thanks

Thanks for the response. Those are some good points. I guess the other thing that comes to mind is people talking about updates or lack there of that make it more on par with what systems are out there now. Like some drones have a POI out of the box and from my understanding the H520 didn’t until an update or 2 ago. So, it seems like they are lacking in functionality that other systems have. Just curious. Then I see people talking about updates not working or something to the effect. Just looking for info on it. I really like the idea of the H520. It looks more professional and robust, plus hot swappable cameras is really a great idea.

Thanks

I think that what you are looking for is good, another thing is that there are problems with the updates, all manufacturers have problems. Anyway in this forum we are all solving them. Sometimes it's a bit heavy, but you get it.

Regarding the lack of functions, it is being solved little by little, very slowly unfortunately, but it is also true that others functionalities are added that very few drones have and bearing in mind that they are free and to be able to use them with other software you have to pay, so there you have another positive point.

If what you want is to record video with intentions of publishing on Youtube or something similar, unfortunately we have to say that in that aspect is very weak, despite being announced before going to market. In that aspect it's quite weak.

We should not base purchase decisions around whether or not a product is “worth it”, especially in the commercial arena. The decisions should based around whether or not the tool selected will be the best suited for the intended application. Note the word “intended”. We must have a firm understanding of what is required to execute and make our choices with the particular work in mind. What we know we will do is more important than what we think we might do at some point down the line. It has to work, it has to work now.

The value is obtained through the ability to execute the task effectively and efficiently, not the price of the tool.

So, I have read different threads on the forum and have this question.
Is the H520 worth getting? I have seen people talk about pros and cons. And, not sure if there is any one thing besides having extra motors for not falling out of sky and pricing for RTK version over P4P RTK. Other than that it appears to be something that is loved and hated. I want to get into mapping, inspections and 3D modeling. I have been trying to figure out what drone to invest in (which I thought would be the H520). Please school me on why I should get one. Thanks in advance!

Blackbird 1

I've used the H520 to lead me to a professional Full time drone pilot job in 5 months.... Surveys, inspections etc... If you're looking for a well maintained low hours H520 with all the survey gear and CGOEt Cameras give me a call

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33