Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E software and firmware update summaries and conversations with Yuneec support

Solutions
Reaction score
Thought I would coalesce my experience of the last couple of weeks with the H520E updates and some conversations with Yuneec support about what they plan in the future...

The H520E and ST16E have updates for all the software and firmware, including the Android OS.

You can download DataPilot v2 directly from the Google Play Store on the transceiver. It fixes any problems you were having with altitude detection/collection. I would highly recommend the update(s) as it adds several other new features that are too numerous to mention all of them here, but things like: the ability to choose which updates to download and the order in which to install them :cool:; gyroscope calibration; new flight planning options; new offline maps to use; etc. No re-binding is needed. I tested the drone after all the updates and had no issues.

Do the DataPilot v2 update first and reboot. I have a problem with the OFDM interfering with my office WiFi signal. For others who have this problem, turn on your phone's hotspot, place it next to the ST16 and connect to that signal. That solved the interference problem for me. Once the ST16 reboots, you will need to close the v1 DataPilot and start v2 manually from the home screen. (After you are done with the updates, you can delete v1 and then v2 will start automatically.) Check for and update the Android and ST 16 soft/firmware without the drone turned on. Next, connect the USB cable from the top of the ST16 to the back of the drone (OFDM port). Turn the drone on and check for and update its firmware starting with the drone and transceiver OFDM updates. That method worked for me. I would recommend rebooting both devices after each individual update.

I had a few conversations with support during and after the update. It seems the Team-Europe group has taken over the online US support requests. Not sure what happened to the US group, still trying to get them to tell me. I had several online support tickets that went unanswered, and then the EU group started answering new questions after several days of silence from US. They did say they are working on a desktop version of v2, but gave no time frame. They are also working on a dual charger for the H520E (I made the mistake of buying the DY5 that supports the H520 batteries, but not the H520E :mad:), also no time frame given.

They are having a sitewide 10% sale until June 30, so get your gear now! Code is SEMIANNUAL10.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the step by step infos!
I'm just wondering, what you mean when you write that the DY5 is not compatible with the H520e?
I bought my DY5 with the H520e, because the seller told me that it's fully compatible with the H520e batteries.
I use the DY5 for my H520e batteries since February. So far no problems.
It also seems to me that the batteries are fully charged (the display of the DY5 says 4.35V per cell and 100% at around 3600mAh).
When I'm testing an already fully charged battery in the standard charger, than after 5min the beep sounds. So it seems that it really is fully charged by the DY5.

Karsten

Reactions: Eggman
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the step by step infos!
I'm just wondering, what you mean when you write that the DY5 is not compatible with the H520e?
I bought my DY5 with the H520e, because the seller told me that it's fully compatible with the H520e batteries.
I use the DY5 for my H520e batteries since February. So far no problems.
It also seems to me that the batteries are fully charged (the display of the DY5 says 4.35V per cell and 100% at around 3600mAh).
When I'm testing an already fully charged battery in the standard charger, than after 5min the beep sounds. So it seems that it really is fully charged by the DY5.

Karsten
You must have a different version charger than I was sent. Are you in theUSA? The pin sets weren’t even close to matching. I couldn’t physically fit the H520E battery in the cradle. I asked support and they confirmed they won’t work together, but are working on it. I included a portion of an email thread about the issue below.

From Yuneec:

“Hi, we are working on it, but can´t tell when it will be available.
Thanks,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 9:12 PM, Bill Eggers < wrote via Helpcenter:
I picked a DY5 Dual Charger, but it doesn't support H520E batteries. The connector on the battery and charger are different and don't fit in the cradle. Do you have a dual charger for those batteries or plan to manufacture one?
Sent with Kayako
url

Reaction score
I'm from Germany and bought it here.
I've attached some photos of my DY5.

Attachments

• 20210626_213736.jpg
    20210626_213736.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210626_214000.jpg
    20210626_214000.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210626_213933.jpg
    20210626_213933.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: vr-pilot
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm from Germany and bought it here.
I've attached some photos of my DY5.
That looks different than the one I was sold. I don't have it any longer to take pictures, but the pin on the far left was at a 90-degree angle to the others. I also don't have any other batteries to compare, so I'm not sure which one it was for, but it definitely didn't fit my batteries. Yours looks clearly like the H520E batteries would work. Weird how their support said it wouldn't. Perhaps, they don't sell it in the US yet??

Reaction score
That looks different than the one I was sold. I don't have it any longer to take pictures, but the pin on the far left was at a 90-degree angle to the others. I also don't have any other batteries to compare, so I'm not sure which one it was for, but it definitely didn't fit my batteries. Yours looks clearly like the H520E batteries would work. Weird how their support said it wouldn't. Perhaps, they don't sell it in the US yet??
Yes, it seems that they sent you the DY5 for the H520. The H520 batteries have a different connection and definitely don't fit the H520e (and vice versa).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tucong12