Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920+ Battery Notice - Need All to Send Request

Reaction score
Have been communicating with LiPo Battery Distributors and Manufactures. Several communications with USA located Genstattu, the manufacture of the Tutta 6S 22.2v 4000mAh, 15/30C battery that is a direct "physical size" replacement for the Yuneec H920 battery. Three batteries can fit into H920 Battery bay providing 12000mAh @ 15/30C greatly improving the H920+ battery performance in comparison. This battery works with H920 & H920+. The increased "C" performance will improve performance, duration and reduce heat.

These batteries may now be within reach for USA H920 Owners:
The Representative has indicated that if they receive enough requests, they will ADD it to their USA Warehouse and sale in the USA.

Requesting everyone with a H920 or considering purchasing an H920 to send a request to Genstattu.
Send request to [email protected] with attention to Vivian
Indicate: Please add battery: Tattu TA-15C-4000-6S1P to USA market for H920

The closing email communication with Vivian follows;

26 Jan, 2018 2:19am
Hi Douglas,
OK, I see. There is not too much request on this battery now, but we will notice it and feedback to market team. Because if we add new battery in our product line, there is MOQ from factroy, if we have more request on this size, we will add into our line!
Thanks & Best Regards,
Vivian

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
While the above direction is gaining traction hopefully with H920 Owners sending a request in.

Another direction explored is making cells packs. Currently 2 shops have been stopped due to excessive costs or lack of interest. A 3rd shop is exploring their options to configure a 10k-18kmA solution within the battery bay diminsions using common cell inventory in a 2 or Single battery set and no minimal order requirements.

In additon, they can make the batteries fully custom to H920 Owners specs: as a base I requested 15000mA, 35C total. The custom batch requires an order of 500. The cost per battery is currently being prepared. I requested a cost estimate to present to the H920 community and evaluate the interest if this quantity could be supported.

I personally would consider 12 (based on 3 battery packs) batteries... providing 4 sets.

Good idea as long as the single battery was fitted with at least two output connectors. A single connector battery would cause failures at either the connector, the board, or both.

Just received this response from Genstattu:

I am very sorry to tell you that Germany also out of stock now, they will not carry this TA-15C-4000-6S1P anymore because of its low demand. So we can not carry it, sorry for this :(

Thanks & Best Regards,
Vivian

I received the same message although I’m no longer concerned about batteries.

The weather here has been great the last week or so, which has permitted a lot of flying and “real world” comparisons between the factory batteries known to be weak and the Zippy 5000’s. The results have been consistent, almost double the flight time to the first voltage warning when using the two Zippy batteries over three factory batteries. 15 to 16 minutes over 8 or so. I have not been flying either type to the second warning as it hasn’t been necessary for what I’ve been doing.

Perhaps of interest is the charge times for the factory batteries is increasing. What initially required 45 minutes is now requiring an hour. The sad part of that is the factory batteries are hitting the first warning after being reduced by only 1600 mA or so. Well less than half capacity.

Yep, I sent her a inquire yesterday that I think prompted her to broadcast to those that sent a request for the batteries.

Down to last option of the 4, a custom made battery that meets size requirements and exceeds both mHa and performance of OEM and probably other options. I was targeting 35C and 12-18KmA.

This option has a 500 unit batch requirement. Depending on cost and H920 Owner response, that may be a good option or the last throw out.

I don't have a feel, are there 100 or so Owners that would want hi-performance batteries? At a commitment of 6 minimal (2 sets), that would take 84 Owners, so 50-85 Owners could get this done. I personally would purchase 3-4 sets (9-12) if that would get the 500 batch made.

Last edited:
I received the same message although I’m no longer concerned about batteries.

The weather here has been great the last week or so, which has permitted a lot of flying and “real world” comparisons between the factory batteries known to be weak and the Zippy 5000’s. The results have been consistent, almost double the flight time to the first voltage warning when using the two Zippy batteries over three factory batteries. 15 to 16 minutes over 8 or so. I have not been flying either type to the second warning as it hasn’t been necessary for what I’ve been doing.

Perhaps of interest is the charge times for the factory batteries is increasing. What initially required 45 minutes is now requiring an hour. The sad part of that is the factory batteries are hitting the first warning after being reduced by only 1600 mA or so. Well less than half capacity.

Pat, I'd agree the 5KmA Zippy looks like the best option for 10KmA. You're getting great flight minutes! This will be my route if the custom 12-18kma route falls flat.

I received 2 old "new" OEM batteries with 920. They tested very poorly in IR with an avg of 12-13 per cell. They also don't seem to peak near the 4K. Did a discharge and low 2C charge which improved their KmA but not the IR. So I'm not even planning to use these old ones... no trust on performance.

Been holding off on the Zippy until exhausted the options... which is looking gloom. I don't expect a high reception on the custom route.

Just received this response from Genstattu:

I am very sorry to tell you that Germany also out of stock now, they will not carry this TA-15C-4000-6S1P anymore because of its low demand. So we can not carry it, sorry for this :(

Thanks & Best Regards,
Vivian
I'm curious as to how many received, indicating how many sent a request. Was it more than the 3 of us? :rolleyes:

Goid question as the European group provide no indications of being cohesive, and what I’ve seen seems to indicate some are more interested in selling a less capable solution at a higher cost. Then again, I’m starting to think there may be less than 200 920’s in the hands of users. That would explain a lack of response to your request for inquiries and the lack of a sense of common cause. Toss in the competition factor between true commercial endeavors, which adds operational secrecy, and we’re left with an “every man for himself” situation. Amateurs run around telling everyone how they do things. Pros don’t.

It’s not a problem as long as a few remain willing, and capable, of researching options. I suppose it’s a case of loosely adopting the motto of the Air Force PJ’s, “That Others May Live”;)

That’s what I was beginning to think, originally thought it’d globally be much higher, assumed much more in EU, but apparently not so. I assumed a much larger base working to find ways to keep the 920’s flying. In my observation, having multiple brands... it appeared Yuneec Owners retained & cherished their birds longer in comparison to DJI whom tend to dump the old and grab the new each generation.

In a odd sort, it’s a bit like maintaining & caring for a aging collectible, if 3 years is a collectable. It’s kinda the reason I purchased this paticular model of aircraft, it clearly wasn’t the best choice for feature rich software and growing 3rd party support. But it has it’s own appeal.

It’s also why I’ve been picking up various optional components, they may be difficult to find in near future. At this stage not sure how I’ll fully use the craft and is more of a intriguing challenge and joy to use. As long as the components and batteries provide functionality and doesn't leave the aircraft sitting on the static shelf. The easier, maybe more productive path would have utilized a different platform... but it wouldn’t have the mystique and charm of the 920.

It’s definitely a capable platform, and the payloads will provide good results, to those that learn how to use them. One of the 920’s “quirks”, one that I appreciate, is it’s an aircraft intended for those with skills. Have and use them and you will be rewarded. Those seeking to become instant award level film makers will find themselves well out of their comfort zones. They will need to learn how to use all their tools.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval