Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 upgrade 920Plus components

Reaction score
Been looking around and unable to find what is all performed for the 920 Plus upgrade. Only that Yuneec Techs perform and return to you.

Has anyone back when that was being performed, check on if they could perform their own upgrade. I assume it’s new boards: IMU, etc. The motors and remaining components remain the same. I haven’t examined a 920, but circuit boards swaps, desoldering, etc aren’t overly challenging.

I was curious if possible to perform a self upgrade so you could retain the original components.

The entire board assembly, including FC, is changed out. If someone had a desire to do their own it would not be terribly difficult to swap in a much more capable flight control system, like Pixhawk. The airframe and drive is solid. This is an avenue I’m looking at down the line, having a Vector and Pixhawk idle at the moment. Either would handle the 920.

Last edited:
The entire board assembly, including FC, is changed out. If someone had a desire to do their own it would not be terribly difficult to swap
Pat, with all the 920+ upgrades and the replaced 920 boards. Any guess of ability to obtain a few older swapped out 920 boards... that they most likely consider salvage. For a non-upgraded 920, a few spare boards would be nice to inventory. Any Yuneec contact suggested that I could inquire, I’m sure the normal tech Support channel would fall on deaf ears.

No chance that I’m aware of. Glider had been checking into obtaining a crashed/repairable airframe. I don’t know the outcome of that effort.

Good luck. I’ve been a bit critical of Yuneec lately and likely PNG at a few places.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval