Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

happy boxing day

Reaction score
felt like sharing a boxing day video ( late flight ) cloudy and at dusk plenty of people walking past happy to say they all seamed interested that i was flying a drone and not at all upset with what has been happening with Gatwick.
i do think it help that the H dose not look like a toy
i kept losing connection with camera and do feel that this is down to low temp as its appears to be the only time it happens for me. Warming the batteries definitely works with fly time and more stable power
unedited video just sharing to get you all in the uk back to flying
Happy Boxing Day

Reactions: Ty Pilot and AeroJ
Thanks @Ty Pilot i no its different over there some places have it as a holiday and some don`t
@AeroJ yep that was below mean high tide line :p i may not of been but the h was when it took off lol but the high tide did come over the path a few weeks ago

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Happy Boxing Day to my friends across the pond.

I have a funny Boxing Day story to share with you.
It's about your sometimes ignorant neighbors here and your cousins to north of me on this side of the pond.

Before I knew the true intent of Boxing Day, I was giving a Canadian friend a hard time about squeezing another holiday out of Christmas, while expressing my jealousy and discontent for my government who doesn't want any part of another holiday. So I raised the question of what this bonus holiday -you guys get and we don't- was all about.

Here is what he told me (my paraphrase): "Boxing Day is when we put out all the empty Christmas boxes and wrappings for the garbage man to pick up." o_O ...This was an adult in his 50s mind you, take a moment to catch your breath and composure.

So I said "Oh really? Let me get this straight. You have a holiday because the garbage man is coming?"
He said "Well it's not like that". I came back "Well what is it like then?" and went to point out "...Over there in Victoria the garbageman must come to some neighborhood every day of the week, and they aren't all Holidays! Are they?" He said "Well that's a good point, let me look into it."

The next day he told the real story of this charitable day and was rightfully embarrassed by his previous misconception.. I should say! At least I'm a Yank and have an excuse for not knowing.:rolleyes:

I wish I had thought to ask him what Christmas was about, that might have been even more interesting!;)

Happy holidays

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrecker
The next day he told the real story of this charitable day and was rightfully embarrassed by his previous misconception..
Oh no, that's not right. It's called Boxing Day because each year the Queen puts on the ceremonial gloves and goes 6 rounds with the Archbishop of Canterbury. It's compulsory viewing for all British Citizens.

Reactions: thetrecker and DCH
Well then, someone best tell the Canadians! ....Eh?;)

Too late! I already told my ol friend, and he bought it! Thou he was quite distraught at the thought of having to wait a whole year to see it!:p

Too late! I already told my ol friend, and he bought it! Thou he was quite distraught at the thought of having to wait a whole year to see it!:p

Is he a Canadian waste disposal technician?:rolleyes:

Traditionally, it was a day when employers distributed money, food, cloth (material) or other valuable goods to their employees.
"the first week-day after Christmas-day, observed as a holiday on which post-men, errand-boys, and servants of various kinds expect to receive a Christmas-box".
the box giving the word boxing day

so just did an early morning flight trying to get a sunrise but clouds got in the way met lots of dog walkers all very nice.
plenty of comments
1 i was that i was brave to let my daughter fly my drone lol ( she is 24 )
second was an old lady walking her dog asked if i had flown at Gatwick lately and laughed i replied yes got some good photos she found that very funny and also said it was sad the way they are going about it and what a state this country was in
then i had to apologise to another i would say granny with her grand son just after i landed they stop to watch me fly but i had just used 2 batteries and was getting cold and coming home for coffee
and sorry @AeroJ another castle / fort for you ( Nothe fort Weymouth )
YUN00010.jpg

Reactions: AeroJ
Sounds like most Brits know poppycock when they see it on the news. Gotta love the one that joked about flying at Gatwick. Sounds like a right spry old girl!

Reactions: thetrecker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace