Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hard Android buttons not responding to a tap.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I do not know if it is just my ST16 but I am having troubles with the Home and the next to it on the left button(I think it is the one for active windows or recently used apps) on my St16. It only happens when my ST16 has Datapilot running and active. All other times these buttons works like they should be.
So when Datapilot is running the Plus and minus buttons for sound respond straight away when I tap them,
The back button sometime responses to a tap fast sometimes not but the Home and the Active apps button do not respond at all with Datapilot running.

It is quite annoying sometimes as I cannot switch to Android home screen to the point when it can only be done after I shut down Datapilot.

And one more question, do you know any trick how to disable Datapilot starting on powering St16? It also autostarts when I am on any Android screen and I press the Home button. I am quite capable to start this app manually and I do not like when it automatically starts all the time by itself when I do not need it.

Do you have very dry skin? Happens to many during the winter. Try wetting the end of your finger and see if that helps.

Hi guys,

I do not know if it is just my ST16 but I am having troubles with the Home and the next to it on the left button(I think it is the one for active windows or recently used apps) on my St16. It only happens when my ST16 has Datapilot running and active. All other times these buttons works like they should be.
So when Datapilot is running the Plus and minus buttons for sound respond straight away when I tap them,
The back button sometime responses to a tap fast sometimes not but the Home and the Active apps button do not respond at all with Datapilot running.

It is quite annoying sometimes as I cannot switch to Android home screen to the point when it can only be done after I shut down Datapilot.

And one more question, do you know any trick how to disable Datapilot starting on powering St16? It also autostarts when I am on any Android screen and I press the Home button. I am quite capable to start this app manually and I do not like when it automatically starts all the time by itself when I do not need it.
The latest versions of DP have been written to: #! Always run when the ST16 is turned on & #2 linked to the home button to run when the Home button is pressed. To use the tablet without DP, you need to wait until DP starts then press the 'Back' arrow. Being the tablet is part of a dedicated HW package, unfortunately that it how it is designed. (At least the US version).

Do you have very dry skin? Happens to many during the winter. Try wetting the end of your finger and see if that helps.

I do not believe it is my dry skin issue especially considering that Brisbane Australia has quite a humid climate and it is just hard to have a dry skin here :). Three buttons,(+,- and back) works as they supposed to do and respond to a tap instantly. It is just the Home and the Active windows(a square box) that do not seem to respond to a tap at all. However they are not working only with DataPilot open(or active). After it is shut down or made inactive all buttons start to work.

The latest versions of DP have been written to: #! Always run when the ST16 is turned on & #2 linked to the home button to run when the Home button is pressed. To use the tablet without DP, you need to wait until DP starts then press the 'Back' arrow. Being the tablet is part of a dedicated HW package, unfortunately that it how it is designed. (At least the US version).

Thanks mate, it explains all this. It is just a pity they have made it that way. I just do not think it would be a problem for anybody to start DP manually when you power up the st16 but it least it would be much easier to switch between apps in a field.
The back arrow works indeed so there is at least one way to go around this problem.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix