Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone added Floatation to the H

Reaction score
I expect my H to come this week, I hope. As an avid water-sports person much of my flying will be over water. I have dunked a cheapo quadcopter in the past so would like to fit some flotation to my H for over-water flight. Perhaps pool noodles could be fit over the landing gear. Has anyone tried this or other solutions?

It's also worth mentioning the CG of the H would make this a pretty unstable idea.

I expect my H to come this week, I hope. As an avid water-sports person much of my flying will be over water. I have dunked a cheapo quadcopter in the past so would like to fit some flotation to my H for over-water flight. Perhaps pool noodles could be fit over the landing gear. Has anyone tried this or other solutions?

This thread might have some useful info:
Flying your H over water? May want to try a set of these.

Thanks Cilent1. The thread shows a Q500 with the pool noodles landing and flying off water. I realize salt water would probably be a very bad idea but a fresh water dunking might not result in serious damage if care is taken drying the H. Motors etc. would be fine. I'll see how the noodles fit the H when I get it. C of G should not be a problem

hi
you do understand that if your H fall's in the water is going to be an expensive swim for your H . water and electronics don't mix .this is what i use .IMG_20160321_152548.jpg
i don't use the foam pipe covering for flotation but it may keep your H from sinking to the bottom of a lake or in a bay or in the ocean , i use them for a more stable landing especially on high winds days . on an H the landing skids go's up that may be another type of foam to configure .
fly safe and stay above water .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval