Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Having CG03 issues

Reaction score
I had my first flight on Wednesday was a beautiful day perfect flying conditions, only one problem. My flight video is corrupted, I have a shot at repairing the file, but I need a MP4 that was created by a CG03 camera to have any shot at repairing the file. Is there anyone who wouldn't mind donating an MP4 so that I can use it in the video repair tool to use as comparison to repair my MP4? Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Did you turn off the video before turning off the H and the controller? If you didn't that's the issue.
put the card back into the camera turn both controller and H back on, turn on the video for a couple of seconds, then turn it off. All of you're video should show up.
Use GOMPLAYER (free app) to watch your video in 4k.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Is the corrupted video the last one? If video recording is still running and the CGO3 is powered off then the video file will not closed properly and cannot be replayed.
But if you power on the CGO3 and start a new video, the one before will be closed correctly. Only a short start/stop video is neccessary.
This can only work on the original SD card if no other actions where taken.

If this will not help you can download this video. It was taken by Q500 with CGO3:

Edit: URL updated

br HE

Last edited:
Yes, I did turn on the camera on take off, and turned it off after landing. The file is there, it is 1.23GB in size, it just won't play. Windows Player says the file may be corrupt VLC doesn't say anything, just keeps trying to play it.

Is the corrupted video the last one? If video recording is still running and the CGO3 is powered off then the video file will not closed properly and cannot be replayed.
But if you power on the CGO3 and start a new video, the one before will be closed correctly. Only a short start/stop video is neccessary.
This can only work on the original SD card if no other actions where taken.

If this will not help you can download this video. It was taken by Q500 with CGO3:

br HE
I decided to try putting the card back into the drone powered on the ST16 controller then powered on the drone, after it quit complaining about GPS not available I powered on the camera, heard the familiar Sound letting me know that it was on, but when I tried to power off the camera, it took several tries to get it to shut off, that's when I heard it, I hadn't heard the same familiar sound that that it plays, when powering on, I hadn't heard anything when I originally thought I powered it off, I just took for granted it was off, when I powered off the drone. I'm used to the DJI controller which is much more responsive when powering on/off the camera, even my 3DR Solo is much more responsive, I'll have to get used to this lag time, I had to mash the record button three times to get it to finally power off the camera. Thanks for all your help everyone.

You posted in the Typhoon H forum, but you are asking about a CGo3, which is not normal for a Typhoon H. Also a little confused about the delays you mention, and the sounds.
Please clarify what drone and what camera you are using.
If the camera is staying powered up when the drone is off, there is much more to this story.

You posted in the Typhoon H forum, but you are asking about a CGo3, which is not normal for a Typhoon H. Also a little confused about the delays you mention, and the sounds.
Please clarify what drone and what camera you are using.
If the camera is staying powered up when the drone is off, there is much more to this story.
Since @waynepmyers has made a reference to the ST16 I think it is safe to assume his aircraft is a H480. He is new to the H480 so his problems polly lie in his unfamiliarity of the aircraft and the controller. His failure to stop the recording until he has tried three times is prolly part of the same issue: Presses of the record button sometimes fail if it is pressed anything longer that a sharp stab, so to speak. I recon after he has become more used to the system he will quickly learn the short stab with the record button to switch it off.

From your last post, @waynepmyers , I assume you fixed the file by the reinsertion into the camera and starting a short video method as outlined in previous posts in this thread. Can you confirm?

I've looked all over the documents that came with the drone, all over the box it came in there is no reference to any number other that Yuneec Typhoon H, I bought it on Ebay. This is a copy and paste of the title on the Ebay sales page: NEW! YUNEEC Typhoon H Hexacopter w/ GCO3+ 4K Camera & ST16 Ground Station #9362. So, yeah, I'm new to the Typhoon H as far as owning one, I have watched many video's of Typhoon H flights and none of them refer to anything as far as model numbers, except for the newer Yuneec drones. This is new only in the case that no one else ever flew it. It could have been sitting in a warehouse for years. Case in point my 3DR Solos, I bought them after the company shutdown, I and the person I bought it from, bought whole warehouses full of them.

Updated manual

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
When you talk about turning camera on and off, do you mean stop and start recording? You can't just turn off the drone if the video is still recording. You must stop recording first, then turn off the drone/camera.

I've looked all over the documents that came with the drone, all over the box it came in there is no reference to any number other that Yuneec Typhoon H, I bought it on Ebay. This is a copy and paste of the title on the Ebay sales page: NEW! YUNEEC Typhoon H Hexacopter w/ GCO3+ 4K Camera & ST16 Ground Station #9362. So, yeah, I'm new to the Typhoon H as far as owning one, I have watched many video's of Typhoon H flights and none of them refer to anything as far as model numbers, except for the newer Yuneec drones. This is new only in the case that no one else ever flew it. It could have been sitting in a warehouse for years. Case in point my 3DR Solos, I bought them after the company shutdown, I and the person I bought it from, bought whole warehouses full of them.
The Typhoon H is also known as a H480. H for Hex and 480 is the distance in millimeters between directly apposing boom ends. This makes it distinct from the H520 which while still being a Hex is somewhat larger than the H480 and is aimed at the commercial operator rather than the prosumer operator. You won't find H480 anywhere on the box but that is it's technical name.

I had my first flight on Wednesday was a beautiful day perfect flying conditions, only one problem. My flight video is corrupted, I have a shot at repairing the file, but I need a MP4 that was created by a CG03 camera to have any shot at repairing the file. Is there anyone who wouldn't mind donating an MP4 so that I can use it in the video repair tool to use as comparison to repair my MP4? Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

AH 1 G
Is correct
Or perhaps view it on your
Tablet

When you talk about turning camera on and off, do you mean stop and start recording? You can't just turn off the drone if the video is still recording. You must stop recording first, then turn off the drone/camera.

Yes start and stop
Recording

Yes start and stop
Recording
Yes I am talking about starting the record process and stopping, I know you can't just power down the drone before stopping the recording process, your not talking to a kid here, but when the process was started, there was an audible tone, but when I thought that I stopped it at the end of the flight, there was no audible tone, so I don't think I successfully stopped the record process, so I did what was suggested, I placed the card back in the camera, and turned on the controller, then turned on the drone, I started the record process, once I saw that it was recording, I then attempted to terminate the recording process, it took three tries, pushing on the record button, to get the audible and visual confirmation that the record prcoess was terminated. This did in fact close my MP4 and I was able to post my maiden flight video. Thanks to all of you for your help with this.

The Typhoon H is also known as a H480. H for Hex and 480 is the distance in millimeters between directly apposing boom ends. This makes it distinct from the H520 which while still being a Hex is somewhat larger than the H480 and is aimed at the commercial operator rather than the prosumer operator. You won't find H480 anywhere on the box but that is it's technical name.
That may be, but I don't deal in kilometers, I am an american I deal in miles and the distance on this drone is 1.2 miles.

That may be, but I don't deal in kilometers, I am an american I deal in miles and the distance on this drone is 1.2 miles.
Not sure what your point is here. Are you making some sort of reference to the control range of the H480?

Regarding the choice between using the metric or imperial measuring systems I know that in the USA the metric system remains generally un-adopted but in a good proportion of the rest of the world the metric system is used. I live in England where the metric system is widely used particularly by the younger generations but older people like myself still grasps on to the Imperial system wherever we can. For example, I think about miles per gallon rather than kilometers per liter yet when I go to fill up my car I buy the fuel in liters because that is how it is dispensed in the U.K.
So, to convert that H480 into the imperial equivalent form that an 'insulated from the rest of the world' person can understand, my statement in my previous post would become: H is for Hex and 480 is the distance between directly apposing boom ends being 480mm = 18 57⁄64 inches.

My apologies for making the rude assumption that you would easily be able to comprehend the concept of the measurement 480mm

• Haha
Reactions: PatR and RatBob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval