Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hawks ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a secret to stop hawks / eagles from messin with ya while flying ? Seems like every time I fly in wooded areas either hawks, or eagles circle me while flying, and keep at it til I get under 100' ? Today after the hawks scared me away I went to the water, but even a sea gull almost took me out, so I went home

Is there a secret to stop hawks / eagles from messin with ya while flying ? Seems like every time I fly in wooded areas either hawks, or eagles circle me while flying, and keep at it til I get under 100' ? Today after the hawks scared me away I went to the water, but even a sea gull almost took me out, so I went home
@johnnyb57 You need to remember you are encroaching on their airspace and habitat. It's only natural for them to check out what has come into their domain. Strikes or attacks are pretty rare but they do happen. No secrets or tips other than try to avoid them.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Hi
@johnnyb57 You need to remember you are encroaching on their airspace and habitat. It's only natural for them to check out what has come into their domain. Strikes or attacks are pretty rare but they do happen. No secrets or tips other than try to avoid them.
Sorry this will be no help to you, I live in the UK and would love to see eagles-hawks fly around my drone, I can understand your frustration but as someone has already said they were there before you and hopefully they will still be there after all of mankind is facing their maker, but unfortunately the way the world is going it will not be, so good luck and enjoy such a wonderful sight

I just dont want to have a collision / attack ? I just find it funny not a bird in the sky until I'm in the air, then they appear ? They will keep circling me until I descend to under a 100' or so, then they disappear, just looking to understand why they follow me, and just not leave after a few seconds ?

Don’t fly where they nest or hunt. Try to learn what lives in an area before flying there. Ospreys and Eagles are seriously territorial and protective of the nest.

Don’t fly where they nest or hunt. Try to learn what lives in an area before flying there. Ospreys and Eagles are seriously territorial and protective of the nest.
Yea I knew they hunt there, but its 4 blocks from my house I only go there to learn some things that puzzle me, and spectators wont bother me ? I've even had seagulls bomb at me, but their just dumb

Yea I knew they hunt there, but its 4 blocks from my house I only go there to learn some things that puzzle me, and spectators wont bother me ? I've even had seagulls bomb at me, but their just dumb
That's it it you've done it now calling seagulls dumb they are very intelligent and get all the good snacks from people passing by and having picnics they go out to sea to pester all the fishing fleet and get all the nice bits and pieces that's thrown overboard so how can that be dumb, they live a life of luxury lol [emoji226][emoji225][emoji245][emoji226][emoji225][emoji245]

• Haha
That's it it you've done it now calling seagulls dumb they are very intelligent and get all the good snacks from people passing by and having picnics they go out to sea to pester all the fishing fleet and get all the nice bits and pieces that's thrown overboard so how can that be dumb, they live a life of luxury lol [emoji226][emoji225][emoji245][emoji226][emoji225][emoji245]
We call 'em flyin rats???

Any problems with birds, and whatnot over there ?
One of the places I fly we have a problem with one small sparrowhawk but he just stays above looking down and if you get too close to him he will fly away so no big problems here, I take it you're in a fantastic part of the world plenty of wildlife, [emoji4]

One of the places I fly we have a problem with one small sparrowhawk but he just stays above looking down and if you get too close to him he will fly away so no big problems here, I take it you're in a fantastic part of the world plenty of wildlife, [emoji4]
Its getting better, I want to get in closer without causing any harm to either of us, been thinking of a thermal camera ? I live on the out skirts of a reservation, with our drinking water, every time I venture in they show up, then the ospreys, and sea gulls at the ocean ?

Its getting better, I want to get in closer without causing any harm to either of us, been thinking of a thermal camera ? I live on the out skirts of a reservation, with our drinking water, every time I venture in they show up, then the ospreys, and sea gulls at the ocean ?
They truly must be intelligent. Must have seen your avatar somewhere and they are attracted to it.Try wearing a disguise? All in fun of course.Heh ? Keith C.

They truly must be intelligent. Must have seen your avatar somewhere and they are attracted to it.Try wearing a disguise? All in fun of course.Heh [emoji38] Keith C.
You could stick a face on the front of the drone disguise with big teeth it might scare the bleeder away lol [emoji1659]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis