Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Headlights

Reaction score
Looking to add a set of LED lights to my Q500 since these old eyes just don't see like they used to. My thinking is with headlights, I can turn the Q til I see the lights looking at me, as a way of verifying position. Any suggestions?

I use these. Available in various colors and they are extremely bright. They have their own battery which can be charged with a micro usb phone charger. You can attach them with Velcro. They are located in England but the shipping is pretty fast.

I use these. Available in various colors and they are extremely bright. They have their own battery which can be charged with a micro usb phone charger. You can attach them with Velcro. They are located in England but the shipping is pretty fast.

Yup. I use the same. I use velcro to hold it on. Works great.

Thanks Steve. Looks exactly like what I'm looking for. Any idea of the lumens, or how far can it be seen?

You can use the green arrow on the controller well not an arrow it's a triangle shape it shows the direction its facing / going

I think what you're looking for is orientation lighting. I use strap on bicycle lights as headlights (they also come in red which I have facing aft). I'm also using strobon standalone for anti-collision lighting but these bike lights work well in helping to maintain orientation. They are rechargeable, lightweight, and reasonably bright - visible even in daylight. They really help. You can check out a YouTube video of a Typhoon H we have rigged up this way to see if maybe that's what you had in mind. Go to Drone County channel and select "Typhoon H Flight Test".

I think what you're looking for is orientation lighting. I use strap on bicycle lights as headlights (they also come in red which I have facing aft). I'm also using strobon standalone for anti-collision lighting but these bike lights work well in helping to maintain orientation. They are rechargeable, lightweight, and reasonably bright - visible even in daylight. They really help. You can check out a YouTube video of a Typhoon H we have rigged up this way to see if maybe that's what you had in mind. Go to Drone County channel and select "Typhoon H Flight Test".
If you fly at night the lights have to be visible 3 miles away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech