Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Height and distance reading

Reaction score
I have a q500 4k and the altitude and distance are way off. I recalibrated and that didn't help. If I'm hovering at about six feet it says twenty. The distance is about same.
Thanks for any help

Keep in mind the Aircraft is using GPS to calculate distance from the GPS inside your controller. Accuracy of each is probably +- 10 feet each, or a 20 foot total error. Altitude is measured by and internal barometer with probably the same accuracy. To my knowledge, there is no way to calibrate the GPS or the Barometer.

Reactions: ttilley
Keep in mind the Aircraft is using GPS to calculate distance from the GPS inside your controller. Accuracy of each is probably +- 10 feet each, or a 20 foot total error. Altitude is measured by and internal barometer with probably the same accuracy. To my knowledge, there is no way to calibrate the GPS or the Barometer.
Exactly right. However, when you start the motors the Altitude is set to zero. Let it idle for a few minutes and then stop and restart the motors and it may be more stable. The altitude tends to vary with the internal temperature inside the aircraft.

Reactions: ttilley

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio