Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Height limitation turn off - how to?

Reaction score
Hi grys,

My Typhoon has blockade at 120 meters of hight (AGL). Does anyone know how to remove it?
Id like to gain 150-200 meters.

That may or may not work. In some versions of the software, you can change the limit in the GUI, and it appears to take, but actually nothing has changed and you still won't go higher than 120 m. In that case you need to contact Yuneec in your country, who will provide you with the correct software to do this, if it is legal in your country to do so, which I suspect it isn't unless you can provide them with some sort of professional exemption. Polish drone law states you are not allowed higher than 150 m (fixed, not AGL), so you would be operating illegally were you to set the value higher than that and exceed it in flight. And because every flight you make is logged you would be carrying around the evidence against you, every time you were out with the machine.

Last edited:
Anyone running the last firmware version provided for the H can adjust the height limit via the GUI.

I believe the restrictive firmware version was either b25 or b27. The restriction was removed in following firmware.

Anyone running the last firmware version provided for the H can adjust the height limit via the GUI.

I wouldn't dare contradict Pat unless I was 100% sure, but I am running the latest version (UK), and I am nailed to 120 whatever I set that height to in the GUI. I click apply, it says it's updated, and then in flight it stops exactly where it used to...

I wouldn't dare contradict Pat unless I was 100% sure, but I am running the latest version (UK), and I am nailed to 120 whatever I set that height to in the GUI. I click apply, it says it's updated, and then in flight it stops exactly where it used to...
And you are shure that GUI is connected and binded to the drone and the serial number is showed in GUI? There should not be any problem after that connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noting AeroJ is in the UK, I wonder if there may be something in the firmware code specific to the region that inhibits altering to a greater height? I have no experience whatsoever with EU/UK firmware.

If a few other UK H owners were so inclined they might try making changes and post the results of their efforts in this thread.

Noting AeroJ is in the UK, I wonder if there may be something in the firmware code specific to the region that inhibits altering to a greater height? I have no experience whatsoever with EU/UK firmware.

If a few other UK H owners were so inclined they might try making changes and post the results of their efforts in this thread.
I’m in Sweden and we probably had the same firmware? I had no problems to change the height limit to My H.

I have problem with my Typhoon GUI software, I have already installed all necessary stuff and I get error like this in attachment. Does anyone knows how to solve it? I'm already running on Windows 8.1.

In window below You can find a communicate what means: Program stopped working due to problem occurance. Windows will close the program and give You an info when there will be available solution.

proglem typhoon gui.jpg

Try uninstalling the program. Go to the Yuneec website, turn off any anti virus programs you have running, and download the GUI, saving to file. Exit the internet and run the .exe file to install. Turn on anti virus again. Run the GUI program and see what happens.

Try uninstalling the program. Go to the Yuneec website, turn off any anti virus programs you have running, and download the GUI, saving to file. Exit the internet and run the .exe file to install. Turn on anti virus again. Run the GUI program and see what happens.
I try it as You recommend, unfortunately it didn’t help. The solution of problem was to run file as administrator nad it goes well.

Despite the fact thank for Your help.

I’d change the limit onto 250 meter.

Reactions: AeroJ
That may or may not work. In some versions of the software, you can change the limit in the GUI, and it appears to take, but actually nothing has changed and you still won't go higher than 120 m. In that case you need to contact Yuneec in your country, who will provide you with the correct software to do this, if it is legal in your country to do so, which I suspect it isn't unless you can provide them with some sort of professional exemption. Polish drone law states you are not allowed higher than 150 m (fixed, not AGL), so you would be operating illegally were you to set the value higher than that and exceed it in flight. And because every flight you make is logged you would be carrying around the evidence against you, every time you were out with the machine.

Thats not exaclty true. Polish law says that You can fly legally in non controlled zones. If you want to fly in some controlled zones that is used by other aircrafts you need to have special radio licence plus normally UAVO licence ofcourse.

All the time when flying I’m checking the zones on our Polish Fly Agency site.

Thats not exaclty true. Polish law says that You can fly legally in non controlled zones. If you want to fly in some controlled zones that is used by other aircrafts you need to have special radio licence plus normally UAVO licence ofcourse.

Fair enough - you're out there, you'd know. But when I google Polish drone Law, the 150m rule is the first thing on the list, so I thought I'd mention it !

Fair enough - you're out there, you'd know. But when I google Polish drone Law, the 150m rule is the first thing on the list, so I thought I'd mention it !

Hi again!

You are quite accurate, I like that kind of people :)

Regarding to Your answers Polish law regulation are difficult and besides You are right, but not exactly. Now I will explain You why: in general You shouldnt fly above level 150 meters, but isn't forbidden. This regulation is made becouse of colision possiblity with small aircrafts. In case of collision the blame in general is put onto drone operator. That is why You shouldn't fly above 150 meters, if You don't have much experience or above is existing fly traffic.

You can also look further in more reliable sources:

www.pansa.pl
or

I set the limit the limit to 400' in the ST16, it appeared to take, then the next flight I watched the bird sail right past 400 and keep climbing.

Same exact thing happens to me.

Same exact thing happens to me.
I think we need to go in and change it again, running the GUI as Administrators this time ;)

If you do it, so will I and if both come back able to +400 ft, then I'd say that's pretty conclusive evidence that works.

I think we need to go in and change it again, running the GUI as Administrators this time ;)

If you do it, so will I and if both come back able to +400 ft, then I'd say that's pretty conclusive evidence that works.
That sounds good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece