Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello Everyone,

Reaction score
Hi new pilot here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Have had this Typhoon H for about a year now and have never flown it.
Can I just take it out of the box as the instruction video shows, power it up and fly ?

Hi new pilot here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Have had this Typhoon H for about a year now and have never flown it.
Can I just take it out of the box as the instruction video shows, power it up and fly ?

***Important note...."Sticky" notes are at the top of a heading....permanent note.....indicated by an icon that looks like a push pin.......anything important that you should read is a sticky.***

Welcome to the forum Skully. You should probably put a tester on the batteries to see where they are at for voltage now. The batteries you have are most likely dated to 2016 so they may have issues...puffy, low voltage or other issues. My advice as will be the same as others on here.....read the manual that is posted here as a "sticky" ( sticky is a permanent post ). Get your license as you must have it to fly in Canada or your craft will be removed from your possession and replaced with a massive ticket. When you want to search anything, use the search tool that is shaped like a magnifier and located in the upper right section of the screen.

Go to the home page, General Forums section and look for the heading of sUAS Rules & Regulations, Canada and you will have reading for some of what the govt requires here in Canada.

When done spending time in there learning, go back to the General Forums and go to the heading Typhoon H Hex Series. As you most likely have the Typhoon H, which is also referred to as the H480 or 480, read the sticky notes for the Typhoon H Discussion and the Typhoon H "How To"

You will also find in there a complete user manual created by members of the forum as the one that comes with is really tells you nothing.

Absolutely DO NOT FLY until you have read the user manual, and understand it. Also ask a lot of questions before going up for the first time, because like motorcycle riders there are two types.....those that have crashed and those that will.

After all I have said, do not be afraid to fly it, just make sure you understand what can go wrong and learn from others mistake on here. Start to search out now as well for spare parts as there really are none. Contact @Yuneec Skins to start lining up spare parts as they will be required at some point. I have had dealings with him and am happy. @Yuneec Skins is also an approved vendor on here so that also makes it a great reason to support him.

Also, when you do first go up, do not have the camera on, because if you do crash, it will get messed up and they are hard to come by, let alone tough to user repair.

Murray

Hi Murray,

Thanks for your reply,

I have everything I need to be legal for flying in Canada, registered and pilots license.
Have read all the manuals and watched the videos that came with the drone.
The batteries are fine, I tested them and charged them up, no problems, no swelling or ballooning.
I have also been using the Yuneec flight simulator on my lap-top for some training and to familiarize myself with the controls on the ST16 Ground Station.

I will check the forum out for more info about getting this thing in the air, I guess, I thought, I could ask a quick questions and get a quick answer. I was getting frustrated after finally find a good place to fly and couldn't get the drone working.

If there are any local Calgary Typhoon H or H Plus pilots on here that would or could reach out to me I would greatly appreciate it.
After all you already have the experience that I am looking and hopping to achieve . Please feel free to mail me .

Thanks
Peter, aka Skully

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal