Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from FL, looking for some help diving into the nitty-gritty of things

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm Mitch, a software engineer from Melourne, FL. I'm essentially brand new to drones, just started getting into things a month ago.

I have my hands on a Mantis Q drone that I'm looking to control using a computer application that implements MAVSDK (formerly known as DronecodeSDK). I've used this application before with a PX4 simulation through Gazebo (but the model I used for that was a Typhoon H480). However, when I'm trying to connect it with the real Mantis Q drone it has a lot of trouble. It can detect that a device has come online and that is has a Camera Component, but never connects to it as a System.

I know that Yuneec has their own SDK for things, but I don't think that's a viable option because I'm not using an Android or iOS operating system. The person from Yuneec customer support told me that the Mantis Q supports Mavlink but couldn't elaborate on the extent of that support. And strangely if I load up GroundControl, that can connect to the drone just fine. At this point I'm worrying if I bought a $500 piece of junk that won't actually speak Mavlink with my controller.

I've also tried getting ahold of the Yuneec developer team directly, but it seems their login page and developer support email popup aren't working right now, so I'm feeling really in the dark about this. I hope there's someone here who can help out with my particular problem, it doesn't look like super nitty-gritty development is a common part of this forum.

The only SDK that Yuneec has released to developers is for the H520. Since the Typhoon H Plus uses the same controller and internal hardware, you may be able to do some work with it.

Yuneec has not been very open with implementation for third party developers with any other products. To my knowledge the H520, TH+, and Mantis Q all use the same FC.

Reactions: MBurgunder
The only SDK that Yuneec has released to developers is for the H520. Since the Typhoon H Plus uses the same controller and internal hardware, you may be able to do some work with it.

Yuneec has not been very open with implementation for third party developers with any other products. To my knowledge the H520, TH+, and Mantis Q all use the same FC.
Hmmmm well that doesn't bode well. I've got a call scheduled with customer support this afternoon and I'll see what kind of details I can pull about support for the other drones with the SDK and the viability of MAVSDK integration.
Thanks

Hmmmm well that doesn't bode well. I've got a call scheduled with customer support this afternoon and I'll see what kind of details I can pull about support for the other drones with the SDK and the viability of MAVSDK integration.
Thanks
Unfortunately the general customer support doesn't have as much technical detail as I'd hoped. And the developer site login is still giving me troubles so I can't contact the developers directly. But at least I got my case # looked at again and elevated, so I might hear something soon. ?

Try a PM with LinsonW. He might be able to get you in contact with the right people, but as a rule Yuneec is pretty tight lipped.

I tried getting more technical information on the Breeze to help troubleshoot problems and even with it being phased out I got zilch from their engineering staff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz