Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Windy Northern Arizona

Reaction score
Hi, my name is James and I live in the northwestern part of Arizona.

I've been building and flying multi-rotors for a few years now and have been somewhat active on the Phantom Pilots forum as well (not so much recently though).

I really like hexacopters and prefer building my own and typically use APM flight controllers (like the Pixhawk), and also do home built quads (including racing hexes & quads). But I do own a few store bought quads from DJI, Cheerson, etc. as well.

I'd been interested in a Yunteec since they were introduced but they were pretty much redundant to what I already own, though I was pretty interested in the Typhoon H Pro because of the RealSense technology. But it's been way too far out of my price range (why do you think I build hexes myself!).

But B+H Photo has them on sale for today only (June 28th) for $999 with free shipping so I jumped on it! It's the new package (not refurbished) with the Typhoon H Pro and includes Intel RealSense, ST16 Transmitter, CGO3+ Camera Gimbal, Two Flight Batteries, Propellers, Charging Accessories, Wizard, & Soft Backpack.

I should have this in my hands on Monday, right before the 4th of July and I'm pretty excited!!

I'm hoping to learn more about the Typhoon H's abilities and limitation and to find ways to tweak the Typhoon for better performance as well as accessories to help it to fly, such as 3rd party batteries or how to use a regular Lipos (such as a 10,000 mAh 4S that I have) since Yuneec doesn't use smart batteries. I ordered the prop guards for the hex as they've saved my butt more than once!! I was also impressed with the Yuneec's design for the prop guards, I hope they deliver the goods though!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Welcome to the forum. I think you will have a great experience with you H, but you have some homework to do. While it is very easy to fly and is very stable, it's also easy to make some fatal mistakes.
There are a number of good Youtube videos about setting it up and learning the features. Download the manual and read it a few times. Like all drone manuals it can be a bit cryptic.

Reactions: jlummel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece