Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help! compas gives errors

Reaction score
After a 6 months of not flying with the H, i wanted to fly again today.. switching on the controller and the H and..... compas error, please calibrate..

So i did, removed the wings, follows the ligths, turning blue, green, and.... yellow again.. second try... same result, blue light, then green and right after that the yellow light en loud beeping.

somebody a solution? besides hitting t with a hammer :)

I would first let the H sit idle, powered on for 15 minutes, letting the GPS fully update the almanac. Then I would power cycle the H before attempting the compass calibration. Make sure to first remove the camera and gimbal, then make sure you are a minimum 250' away from anything metal or anything that will cause compass interference, such as electrical lines, metal in the ground, fencing, metal buildings, rail roads, etc. including your cell phone or other electronics, then perform the compass calibration more than once if needed. Once done, power cycle the H one last time and test.

Just bought new 2016 drone and the video is perfect but the still pics are grainy not very clear ... how do I fix this?

Just bought new 2016 drone and the video is perfect but the still pics are grainy not very clear ... how do I fix this?

What does this have to do with a compass error? Do not hijack a thread! Use the search function on the forum (magnifying glass) for posts relating to your inquiry. Then if you find insufficient information, start your own thread with specifics relating to your inquiry.

Reactions: bobbyrichter
Back on subject ..

I add my recommendation to make sure you are away from metal and no phone. A couple times I thought I did a good compass calibration but had my phone in back pocket and was pretty close to a metal roof covered picknick table . Once I got out in a open filed and left my cell phone behind I got a good compass calibration .

Reactions: PH-2EX
Another thing is that a compass calibration should be performed without too much delay from the start. Sometimes people get timed out from the calibration and the calibration then fails.

Reactions: PH-2EX
I would first let the H sit idle, powered on for 15 minutes, letting the GPS fully update the almanac. Then I would power cycle the H before attempting the compass calibration. Make sure to first remove the camera and gimbal, then make sure you are a minimum 250' away from anything metal or anything that will cause compass interference, such as electrical lines, metal in the ground, fencing, metal buildings, rail roads, etc. including your cell phone or other electronics, then perform the compass calibration more than once if needed. Once done, power cycle the H one last time and test.

will do first thing tomorrow ..

thnx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco