Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help please - H crash landed

ByM

Reaction score
Warwickshire, (not very near London), England
My H480 dropped from around ten metres today. No apparent reason and then when it hit the ground it bounced back up and kept on flying...

Very limited damage but the following is wrong with it :

The landing gear will retract only one in flight now. It won't go back down. I have to catch land it then stop the rotors and then as i switch the H off the landing gear slowly goes down. I have checked with it turned upside down and the landing gear retracts and goes down multiple times with no issues at all...

The gimbal appears to be bent on the camera. where the arm meets the plate seems bent. Can this be bent back or can I get a new part? The camera functions work fine but there is a lot of shaking during flight.

Where is the barametric pressure sensor located? I just wanted to check it looked ok as it wasn't blocked by anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew
View media item 615

Last edited:
I don’t think you can ever get the gimbal back after that...try looking via the GUI and see what all your sensors are reading.

Try removing and re-installing the stuck gear leg. Then check the vibration dampers above the gimbal to verify they are all properly installed. If not, set them back into place.

Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, this sounds like a warranty claim. The sudden drop is curious. I would be interested in seeing the telemetry and remote log for that flight. You could add a ".txt" to the file name to upload them here is you like. Also, does the opening page of the Channel Settings look like this:
Expo1.jpg

Turn on the ST16 and then connect it to your computer using the
USB charging cable. It will appear as an additional drive. Go to the flight log folder, then telemetry. Copy the telemetry file with the same date as the flight to your computer. Go back to the Remote folder and copy the remote file with the same number. Add the .txt after the .csv to both files and they will upload here.

I'm almost sure these are the correct files. I checked that the channel settings look the same as the image you uploaded too. Many thanks for your help. I took a video just after it happened on my phone which it behaves in a similar fashion. If you want me to upload it to vimeo then let me know...

Attachments

• Telemetry_00049.csv.txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Remote_00049.csv.txt
    454.8 KB · Views: 4
It appears to me the barometric altimeter needs replaced. Also you should do an accelerometer calibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33