Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help "Right Stick Sluggish Again ST16 " Help

Reaction score
I have sent my ST16 off to have the stick Units replaced 3 times and all 3 times it was sent back to me saying the sticks were not the problem.. Everything worked good for several weeks and now I again have a sluggish right stick that is moving real slow while watching the hardware monitor... I've been told by Yuneec Tech Support that the potentiometers are sealed units so spraying them will not work.. Ive been flying R/C for over 50 years and have never had this kind of problem with a transmitter.. Does the new ST16+ have a upgraded Stick Gimbal???.. I've read many more threads with this same problem... Has anyone found a solution???

They are not sealed that I can see. I just got a stubborn used ST working fine through good cleaning followed by recalibrate.

Reactions: rdonson
I've got one of my ST16 controllers open for repair and I see nothing sealed on the sticks. In fact, if you look at the back of the controller you'll see a pair of what look like small oval rubber plugs. Remove those (temporarily) and you'll be able to spray oil free contact cleaner into the the back of the sticks. When you're done put the rubber plugs back where they belong.

I have sent my ST16 off to have the stick Units replaced 3 times and all 3 times it was sent back to me saying the sticks were not the problem.. Everything worked good for several weeks and now I again have a sluggish right stick that is moving real slow while watching the hardware monitor... I've been told by Yuneec Tech Support that the potentiometers are sealed units so spraying them will not work.. Ive been flying R/C for over 50 years and have never had this kind of problem with a transmitter.. Does the new ST16+ have a upgraded Stick Gimbal???.. I've read many more threads with this same problem... Has anyone found a solution???
@fly101
Tech support doesn't want you to fix these yourself, so they will say things that aren't always correct. Check here on this forum before you need to repair your H. I've had similar issues, just use the proper electronic repellent spray to fix the problem. You may want to do the "not so secret calibration" also.

Last edited:
@fly101
Tech support doesn't want you to fix these yourself, so they will say things that aren't always correct. Check here on this forum before you need to repair your H. I've had similar issues, just use the proper electronic repellent spray to fix the problem. You may want to do the "not so secret calibration" also.
Hi, I unplugged mine and then reattached. This solved the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace