Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP! Typhoon H Plus just fell out of the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I was flying to drain my batteries down for storage and all of a sudden my H Plus fell out of the sky. Dropped onto my roof and then the ground. I Downloaded Q500log2kml.exe. Would someone be willing to go over the log report with me. How do I attach the log report?

You will want to get all of the files; Remote, Remote GPS, Sensor and Telemetry. We can take a look at it for you and see what we find but I would strongly urge you to contact Yuneec CS tomorrow and get a return going. There have been a couple of known failures such as yours that Yuneec has done a full replacement of but they will never tell us the 'Why' unfortunately.

You will want to get all of the files; Remote, Remote GPS, Sensor and Telemetry. We can take a look at it for you and see what we find but I would strongly urge you to contact Yuneec CS tomorrow and get a return going. There have been a couple of known failures such as yours that Yuneec has done a full replacement of but they will never tell us the 'Why' unfortunately.
OK When I get back tonight I will attach the folder from the ST16s. I am still in shock :eek:

I just had the same happen to me.
2 days old and boom.
Trying to operate ccc camera and
Crash
Crash
I am so so sad.
Tomorrow will call Yuneec and see what to do.
Please pray for me I am so so sad.
2k down
Will work hard to conquer another one.
Excellent machine.

• Sad
Reactions: Fred Garvin
I just had the same happen to me.
2 days old and boom.
Trying to operate ccc camera and
Crash
Crash
I am so so sad.
Tomorrow will call Yuneec and see what to do.
Please pray for me I am so so sad.
2k down
Will work hard to conquer another one.
Excellent machine.

Well dang, this is not good to hear and sorry to hear of another of these tragic loses, I would advise the same to you as far as getting your telemetry out of the ST-16S as Yuneec will need to have it to start a return.

So just to be clear this was a Typhoon H Plus correct?

Yes. It was. H plus

Man, sorry to hear that. Check the links on how to download and post your telemetry files here. The experts can look over them and provide more detailed information on what happened. Please do this, if you can, so the incident can be analyzed and discussed. This important not just for the greater pilot community and your peace of mind....but also to arm you with info when dealing with Yuneec. Do this BEFORE you send it off....

The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. This is the error I get when trying to attach the file. Any clue on how to fix it?

Here is my last flight right before it crash.

Attachments

• Telemetry_00035.zip
    55.6 KB · Views: 25
All I got was the single flight 35 Telemetry. Put the cursor on the "Flight2Log" directory, and zip everything up. That will provide all the files needed for review.

Here is my last flight right before it crash.
@Euphered,
Not much to see in the single telemetry file. All was good, normal flight with some maneuvering going on, and then voltage (and everything else) disappeared. There was no period of tapering, etc., it just went away. As if the battery became disconnected. Was the battery still in place after the crash?

The other files may show a different story.

This is what happened with some of the other Plus’es. It is important to have the whole Flight2Log directory zipped. The Q500log2kml program can then match the proper Sensor file to the rest of the telemetry. The sensor file is the one that will show the error messages.

Yuneec will be requesting the entire flight log, so you will already have it to send to them.

So sorry to hear about both members mishaps. I truly feel for you both.

Here is everything. Thank you all for your help.
Are you in Florida?
Yes I am in Sarasota
@Euphered,
Not much to see in the single telemetry file. All was good, normal flight with some maneuvering going on, and then voltage (and everything else) disappeared. There was no period of tapering, etc., it just went away. As if the battery became disconnected. Was the battery still in place after the crash?

The other files may show a different story.
The battery was out of the drone when it fell off the roof landing on concrete. I have made it a habit to make sure the battery clicks in completely on my pre flight check list.

Attachments

• last flight.zip
    490.8 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan