Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help! Typhoon H won’t stay in place

Reaction score
I wanted to do a hover time comparison of my Typhoon H and the DJI inspire 1 side by side, but the H wouldn’t stay in place. It looses altitude at times and kept on moving. I did all the calibration and all were succesful. Is there anyone who had the same problem?

I wanted to do a hover time comparison of my Typhoon H and the DJI inspire 1 side by side, but the H wouldn’t stay in place. It looses altitude at times and kept on moving. I did all the calibration and all were succesful. Is there anyone who had the same problem?
Couple of questions....

1) Did you use the search feature to see if anyone has had this issue before you posted your question. The search tool is located above the dark Grey bar above this thread, and to the right of it. It looks like a magnifier. That should always be the first thing you do when having an issue, search the forum first to see if it has happened to anyone for a solution first.

2) Can you post a video of the H doing what you have asked about to show it happening?

3) When you fired up the H, before the motors were spun up, how long did you let it sit to get sats....13-15 minutes?

Couple of questions....

1) Did you use the search feature to see if anyone has had this issue before you posted your question. The search tool is located above the dark Grey bar above this thread, and to the right of it. It looks like a magnifier. That should always be the first thing you do when having an issue, search the forum first to see if it has happened to anyone for a solution first.

2) Can you post a video of the H doing what you have asked about to show it happening?

3) When you fired up the H, before the motors were spun up, how long did you let it sit to get sats....13-15 minutes?
Hi. Thanks. Here are the answers.

1. No, I didn’t. I didn’t know of the smart functions.. Thanks for that.

2. I think my wife got a video on her phone. I will post it as soon as I get it.

3. It’s like a couple of minutes and I had 12 sats. So I set i up.

Hi. Thanks. Here are the answers.

1. No, I didn’t. I didn’t know of the smart functions.. Thanks for that.

2. I think my wife got a video on her phone. I will post it as soon as I get it.

3. It’s like a couple of minutes and I had 12 sats. So I set i up.

Sorry, the forum does not allow .mov files to upload..

Nope, you need to post them to a server that handles video and post a link to it here. Vimeo, YouTube, Dropbox, and Google are a few that come to mind.

I’d like to see the video as my side by side experience, and a few others, has the H more stable if any kind of wind is present. In dead calm conditions the Inspire is more stationary. OTOH, both will descend a little as batteries are depleted.

Have you checked the sticks in Hardware Monitor to see if they are exactly at zero when centered?

Another missing piece of information: what was your altitude during your hover attempts?

I usually test stability once or twice a week. Anything 10-15 feet or lower, whether surrounded by tall trees or not will incur some drift, but usually stays in its general location. Get up about 20 or 30 feet or more and both of my H craft are rock solid and still, even in windy conditions.

Jeff

Good point. Any hovering within 10’ or so of the ground will have the H moving around a little. The H generates a lot more rotor disturbance of the air under it and bounce back from the ground.

I'm researching this same situation. But in my case, when I land the drone after flying around a bit, the numbers on the controller are way off. I landed on Dec. 22 and the drone said it was 20 feet away from where home should have been, and also that it was at -10 feet in elevation. So I don't think hitting "home" would have been a good option, certainly not all the way to the point of landing.

I very much agree that getting above the trees seems to help stabilize the drone, but not completely - you can see it move around a bit more than I would like. And since clearly something isn't right, I don't want to find myself in a flyaway situation if GPS goes haywire.

For these flights, I have calibrated the accelerometer multiple times, and the compass as well. I put a level on the solid surface where I do the accelerometer calibration, making sure it's level. And I do the compass calibration outside, with electronics and the controller about 10 or so feet away. They always report back that they completed successfully. And I'm seeing 10 to 14 sats.

This has been making landing tricky, since the drone is definitely moving side to side close to the ground. And even while the drone is sitting on the ground, I can see the airspeed flick between 0 and 5, even though it clearly isn't moving. I do need to open the controller status screen to make sure the controller isn't sending random inputs, but I would be surprised to see that.

And conditions are not windy at all. The drone and controller are on the latest software versions.

Is this covered in more detail somewhere else in the forums? What is the point where you attempt to go back to Yuneec and get them involved, realizing that could be a lengthy or unrewarding effort?

Thanks,
Dale

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix