Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with FlightLog program, Please.....

Reaction score
I downloaded the flightlog program form the website, mentioned on the forum from the member that built it.

Quite an impressive program and a "boatload" of info!!!!!!!

I'm still getting used to using it, and trying to figure out different settings.

My first questions concerns the Elevation Histogram. Is there a way to convert this to feet? Also, if I am reading it right, it shows me flying about 900' today! I know this can not be right.

A little guidance on this please? I would like to see my elevation first, and then work through the other options after that.

EDIT:: I also have zero info on the first tab. The tab that shows date, duration, ceiling, etc. On the left, all my options are greyed out. I can not pick any of the 4 sources.

Ideas?

Thank you,

Jerry

Last edited:
Most of the options and possibilities are for legacy Yuneec copters like Q500 or Typhoon H. Since Yuneec uses PX4 flight controller the output of telemetry data has changed. Only the Typhoon H Plus has some of the old formats available.

For MantisQ only the MAV link datasets from PX4 are available. This means you have only the possibilities described in Chapter 2.3.2 in the part "Show TLOG files from H520 or sensor files from Mantis Q".

In short:
- You can see only the undecoded raw data in the table Display files.
- You can create flight path for GoogleEarth.
- You can create a CSV file with decoded values from some selected MAV link messages.

And now comes the trick:
With menu option "Open PX4 sensor file" you can also open the created CSV file as PX4 sensor file. Then you have the decoded values in the table "Display files" and can create charts by clicking on the header in the table.

Not working for Mantis Q:
- Overview will not be filled.
- Only sensor files will be taken (no selection for Telemetry, Remote GPS or Remote).
- The whole tabsheet 'Scanning' is not working.
- No option to convert meters in feet.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you for the reply. I still have an Q500, so maybe I can use it for those flights.

So on the Elevation Histogram, when it says I was flying at 270m, I just have to assume that is not the right info?

Thanks for your work and for answering my questions.

Jerry

Hello , sorry for intrusion , but both of you seem very capable on flight logs.

The program you are speaking about I suppose is the q500log2klm; can you please tell me how pass data from mantis q to this program ? I read the treads , I tried but don't find the sharing files. I did the pass to Google Earth of the logs and successed to obtain the 3d representation, but i have not been able to connect the q500. One more question : i installed the Qground control program but it does not see the drone.

best regards

Can you please send a screenshot? What says the summary in the AppLog (at the bottom)?

br HE

I really did not even realize there was a summary at the bottom of the applog. Here is what I have for a recent flight:

Begin: 33°21'44.7"N 84°50'38.5"W
End: 33°21'44.7"N 84°50'38.5"W
Altitude at zero: 270.7m
Absolute Ceiling: 369.8m
Relative Ceiling: 99.1m

Distance: 7.0m
Length of trip: 28.6m

39525 MAVlink records

So I am gathering that altitude at zero is before i started the trip, and the highest I went was 369M, resulting in an altitude change of 99m?

This would be about right, because my controller told me I was flying about 300'.

I just downloaded the program yesterday, so I am still learning to use it.

Thank you,

Jerry

Start is at 270m ASL (885ft) on the ground according the GPS data.
The barometer in the copter takes this as zero. Baro takes the altitude relative to the ground, with other word it sets to zero durimg initialization before start.

Maximum elevation during flight was 99m above the startpoint (324ft) or 369m ASL measured by GPS.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval