Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with resoldering battery terminals/connectors

Reaction score
I have the zippy batteries and the + connector wire/solder let loose. Should I try to clean the inside of the connector and the + wire and resolder or should I put on a new connector?

EC3 for the 920

As it's more or less a bullet connector you would be able to re-solder the cup and re-use it. If it was outside of the plastic housing that would be a simple thing to accomplish. The problem is you can't really extract the connector from the plastic housing without destroying the plastic housing. You might find it a lot easier to install a new connector.

Reactions: thoneter
As it's more or less a bullet connector you would be able to re-solder the cup and re-use it. If it was outside of the plastic housing that would be a simple thing to accomplish. The problem is you can't really extract the connector from the plastic housing without destroying the plastic housing. You might find it a lot easier to install a new connector.
makes sense. Thanks

Obtain a new connector, solder up the loose side, and insert it in the new housing afterwards. From there you can bugger up the old housing to release the remaining bullet and insert it in the new one.

As the solder work on the old one was not good you might consider re-soldering the one that hasn’t come apart yet.

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech