Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi all

Reaction score
I’m new to flying a drone so any tips you could give me would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum !

You don't say which flyer you have, but the best tip I can give you is to the find the section here for that model, and then read every single thread in that section about your craft before flying it. By doing so you will learn all the important information about your specific model. You also need to be comprehensively aware of the rules for flying UAVs in your country - we can help with that too, if we know what you country you are in !!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!
0ROJYyg.png

Welcome to the forum !

You don't say which flyer you have, but the best tip I can give you is to the find the section here for that model, and then read every single thread in that section about your craft before flying it. By doing so you will learn all the important information about your specific model. You also need to be comprehensively aware of the rules for flying UAVs in your country - we can help with that too, if we know what you country you are in !!
Hi thanks for the reply I’ve just ordered a typhoon h pro with real sense and I’m from the uk

Thanks for that. The TH Pro certainly has some eccentricities you should be aware of before you fly, but you will find all that information in the relevant section of this forum. There is a lot to learn and be aware of about this model, so the more you read there (pay special attention to the pinned threads at the top) the more prepared you will be. Also look out for the much improved version of the standard manual, and download and read that through in its entirety first to get a good head start.

As far as rules and regs for the UK go, I can summarize them as follows:

- No higher than 400 ft AGL (above ground level).
- Never within 1 km of an airport (although 3-5 km away is safer)
- Always within VLoS (ie never fly the craft beyond your visual line of sight) but not more than 1500 ft away from pilot.
- Minimum 150 ft distance from all people, buildings and structures not under your control, except at landing or launch when that is reduced to 90 ft.
- Minimum 450 ft away from any built up area (like a town for example). This usually rules out flying in your back garden !
- Only in Class G unrestricted airspace
- Defer to and actively avoid all manned craft.

One tip I could give you is that you should do your first flights in a wide open empty field, miles away from anywhere, so that if you encounter problems you have maximum time and maximum airspace with which to rescue things without endangering anything or anyone else !

Last edited:
Another suggest is to search this forum using keywords like “newbie”, “new to drones” and other combinations. There have been many people coming in and asking for the exact same help and insights. Many have responded with excellent advice and suggestions. I think you (the OP) can benefit by reading those same replies.

One of the best pieces of advice was just repeated by a respected member.

Hopefully this works. It references the H Pmus, but all the points are still applicable.

Soon to be an H+ owner

Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts