Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

High Alititude

Reaction score
Hello, I just ordered a Typhoon H, I’m traveling to Colorado and will be operating at high altitude. Are there special considerations?

May I suggest you make use of the search feature of this site?

I just searched using the key words "high altitude". Found several discussions. I suspect you might find at least some of the insights you are looking for. I do recall some good discussion going on in the past.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Your primary consideration is shorter flight times, by about 5 minutes. This is due to less lift produced in the thinner air at our operating altitude.

Thanks, I get the shorter flight time, I can live with that. Do you know if I need different firmware or any type of upgrade? I guess I should have asked about firmware initially.

The altitude is set at take off. Basically you have a 400 AGL limit in the software plus the natural limitations mentioned by Eagle's Eye. To Unlock the height restriction you need to have a 107, go to Yuneec's site and begin the process to get the waiver. You posted this in the standard H threads so this applies only to the 480.

This isn’t about unlocking flight restrictions it’s about flying in high altitude locations. I read somewhere that there were issues if above 8000’ and I’m staying at a cabin located around 9200’
If this requires changes I was hoping to know before I travel so I can get setup before leaving on my trip.

You should call Yuneec CS... it does give an error when above 8000 feet... I believe they can provide a patch to remove that restriction. Take lots of batteries... at that height you may be looking at 5 minutes of flight time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop