Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

High Temperature Tolerances?

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Pilots! Can anyone advise me on suitable temperature ranges to which i expose my equipment? I'm located in Southwest Louisiana about 30 miles from the Gulf. I'm carrying my drones in the bed of my GMC which has a black tonneau shell cover. Here it is April and I'm already seeing temperatures of mid 130 degrees when I open the compartment. I bought a soft cooler for the batteries but what about the drone electronics?

The GPS and the Flight Controller has been known to fail in higher temps. The floor of the truck might be a little cooler.

i've been out flying in the 90's here in central florida.
i was a bit concerned, but no anomalies occured

I dont know I live in the south as well Spy Sky. I wouldnt take that chance with my equipment. I would find a way to keep it in the air conditioned truck man. If you are a stand alone business like myself, this equipment is not cheap to replace. I wouldnt take that chance SPYSKY here in NOLA those temps that high as well man. :)

Reactions: SkySpy
Thanks fro your reply! I'm also a photographer driving a single cab GMC. My rather large camera bag already occupies the cab most of the time. If have a meeting or will have to leave the truck for an extended period I bring the camera bag with me because it doesn't long for the cab to heat up either. I found this cooler bag at Walmart for under $20. It has a shelf where I keep the blue ice. I put a towel underneath the ice to catch the condensate. I also ziploc bag my batteries and controllers. It has no zipper, just a velcro latch which is great because I can get in and out easily and quickly. That is an infrared thermometer I purchased at Harbor Freight. Very Useful!

Attachments

• Artic Zone Bag.jpg
    Artic Zone Bag.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • Artic Zone Exterior.jpg
    Artic Zone Exterior.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Don Leverette
Thanks fro your reply! I'm also a photographer driving a single cab GMC. My rather large camera bag already occupies the cab most of the time. If have a meeting or will have to leave the truck for an extended period I bring the camera bag with me because it doesn't long for the cab to heat up either. I found this cooler bag at Walmart for under $20. It has a shelf where I keep the blue ice. I put a towel underneath the ice to catch the condensate. I also ziploc bag my batteries and controllers. It has no zipper, just a velcro latch which is great because I can get in and out easily and quickly. That is an infrared thermometer I purchased at Harbor Freight. Very Useful!
Yea we know what those freeze packs are for,??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval