Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hight warnings

Reaction score
Dose any one know how to disable the night warning when the battery gets about half way. One would be ok but it's coming on all the time.

And dose any one know how get it above 120 meters I'm in UK and won't go any higher.

What is the voltage reading when the warning comes on?
Also, you can find many answers using the search function at the upper right side of the page. Click on the magnifying glass.

At 14.4v the battery is nearly finished. I always land before the first warning usually around 14.7. Draining a Lipo battery too low can cause permanent damage. When it gets to 14.4 it can drop dramatically.

Dose any one know how to disable the night warning when the battery gets about half way. One would be ok but it's coming on all the time.

And dose any one know how get it above 120 meters I'm in UK and won't go any higher.

Think you’ll find the law requires you to stay under 120m as it dangerous and puts lives at risk of manned aviation. (People in planes)

If you are running version 1.3 of Autopilot, you may have to update it as many people on the forum have reported problems with height restriction in that version.

Here in the UK, the 400ft AGL limit is specified by the CAA in their Drone Code. This is advisory not mandatory (see other threads on this) but if you fly higher and any incident is reported, even a near miss, the CAA amongst others will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

For the sake of all flyers, follow the code, please.

Sorry, I just have to ask: what is a “night” warning?

(My chance to learn something before the day is done.)

P.S. as Steve has already said... 14.4v is not even close to “halfway”. Beyond time to land, if one pays attention to recommendations on this forum.

Last edited:
If you are running version 1.3 of Autopilot, you may have to update it as many people on the forum have reported problems with height restriction in that version.

Here in the UK, the 400ft AGL limit is specified by the CAA in their Drone Code. This is advisory not mandatory (see other threads on this) but if you fly higher and any incident is reported, even a near miss, the CAA amongst others will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

For the sake of all flyers, follow the code, please.
Dilly, I quoted your post for context. This is not directed at you. You seem to know your onions.

Yes, 400' AGL is the recommended maximum height for a recreational flight. Not law, but strongly advised. Flying much above that could invite accusations of reckless flying. But the 400' AGL is law on a commercial operation if flying on a standard PfCO. Since I use my H480 for commercial operations I have left the height restriction in the firmware un-altered. Indeed, it's maximum height it can do is about 393' AGL

14.3v is when you get the first low level battery warning. so to preserve the longevity of the battery one should be on the ground before the first warning comes on. Also, the H480 can become unpredictable at such a low voltage. At 14.4v, then, you should have landed. I always ensure I'm on the ground at 14.4v, and more comfortably (for me) I look to be landed or about to land at 14.5v.

I have only ever seen my system reach the first warning on just a couple of occasions. The first time the H became unresponsive and on another occasion the aircraft became a bit unstable and difficult to land. No damage to the aircraft but IMHO if it had have crashed I would have said 'Pilot Error'.

Reactions: Dilly Joat
Sorry, I just have to ask: what is a “night” warning?

(My chance to learn something before the day is done.)

P.S. as Steve has already said... 14.4v is not even close to “halfway”. Beyond time to land, if one pays attention to recommendations on this forum.
Yes, I'm curious too. I've never come across a 'night' warning so I'm willing to learn too.

Dilly, I quoted your post for context. This is not directed at you. You seem to know your onions.

Yes, 400' AGL is the recommended maximum height for a recreational flight. Not law, but strongly advised. Flying much above that could invite accusations of reckless flying. But the 400' AGL is law on a commercial operation if flying on a standard PfCO. .

No problem, Flushvision. I should have said my comments relate to us hobbyists so thank you for clarifying the commercial side of it.

Reactions: FlushVision
Hmm. A TYPO maybe? But I've never seen a height warning either and I've often flown it to the maximum height that the firmware will allow.
I seem to remember sometime last year I pushed the limits a bit on voltage and one warning I saw suggested I reduce height - bit vague, I'm afraid the old memory is ..well, old!

I seem to remember sometime last year I pushed the limits a bit on voltage and one warning I saw suggested I reduce height - bit vague, I'm afraid the old memory is ..well, old!
Ohh yes, I've seen that. That'll probably be it, then:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33