Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hobby grade charger cable for Typhoon H Plus batteries

Reaction score
Hi,

I've received the following item from ebay after seller assured me that it can charge Typhoon H Plus batteries (it can't, explained below): Charging Cable Adapter to B6 B6AC Balance Charger For Yuneec H480 Drone Battery | eBay

The cable fits on the Plus battery but my charger (SkyRC Q200) reports only one cell for the battery, with voltage over 5.15V.

Before forking out to buy the (expensive) DY5 charger (I am mostly interested in the storage function), does anyone have any experience with cables like these and if they work with the Typhoon H Plus LiHV batteries?
Maybe it is just the pin-out wrong and I can fix somehow the cable and use my own charger instead (which can charge 4 batteries at the time).

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've received the following item from ebay after seller assured me that it can charge Typhoon H Plus batteries (it can't, explained below): Battery to Charger Adapter with Balance Leads For Yuneec Typhoon H Drone | eBay

The cable fits on the Plus battery but my charger (SkyRC Q200) reports only one cell for the battery, with voltage over 5.15V.

Before forking out to buy the (expensive) DY5 charger (I am mostly interested in the storage function), does anyone have any experience with cables like these and if they work with the Typhoon H Plus LiHV batteries?
Maybe it is just the pin-out wrong and I can fix somehow the cable and use my own charger instead (which can charge 4 batteries at the time).

Many thanks in advance.
your link is bad, have you a photo ?

If you ever intend to try and use H480 standard batteries in the H plus, you should keep that cable.

Hi,

I've received the following item from ebay after seller assured me that it can charge Typhoon H Plus batteries (it can't, explained below): Charging Cable Adapter to B6 B6AC Balance Charger For Yuneec H480 Drone Battery | eBay

Many thanks in advance.

A cable for the H480 will not work for the H-plus or H520 batteries, just as the [examples] DY3 or Venom H480 chargers will not with with the H-plus or H520 batteries.

The balance contacts are different in style. The H480 balance contacts are small disk type; the H520/H-plus are spade type.

Right?

Jeff

Thank you for your replies.

So - if I understand correctly - the problem is that the middle contacts do not come in contact with the battery and that's why the charger cannot 'see' it?
Is it possible to 'fix' this cable/connector in order to allow charging the H+ batteries (my SkyRC Q200 charger supports LiHV batteries)?
Is there a schematic available for the connector of the H+ battery?

I do not think the problem is in the connector, the cable contacts are touching the battery connectors (the middle ones, the T-type ones are OK) but I have a feeling that there is something more than a simple balance pin mapping to each middle pin; I cannot in any way understand why the charger reports only one cell of the four working (and at 5.15V which is impossible) and the other three as 0V.

I'll try to measure each pin with my voltometer, maybe I could understand what's going on.

So - if I understand correctly - the problem is that the middle contacts do not come in contact with the battery and that's why the charger cannot 'see' it?
Is it possible to 'fix' this cable/connector in order to allow charging the H+ batteries (my SkyRC Q200 charger supports LiHV batteries)?

I do not think the problem is in the connector, the cable contacts are touching the battery connectors (the middle ones, the T-type ones are OK) but I have a feeling that there is something more than a simple balance pin mapping to each middle pin; I cannot in any way understand why the charger reports only one cell of the four working (and at 5.15V which is impossible) and the other three as 0V.

I'll try to measure each pin with my voltometer, maybe I could understand what's going on.

Try the H520 section. There is a sticky thread for the cable you are looking for. Also, a google search should get some hits as well.

Reactions: Frontier

You are going to risk the danger of shorting out/fire during charging for the sake of not purchasing a correct cable for 20 Euros? More than a little short-sighted there... o_O

Return the incorrect cable to the seller... it does not fit and never did. The fact that he claimed it would is irrelevant. eBay is really good about refunds on merchandise incorrectly listed. Especially if you paid by PayPal, which has it's own second level of purchase protections in place.

You are going to risk the danger of shorting out/fire during charging for the sake of not purchasing a correct cable for 20 Euros? More than a little short-sighted there... o_O

Return the incorrect cable to the seller... it does not fit and never did. The fact that he claimed it would is irrelevant. eBay is really good about refunds on merchandise incorrectly listed. Especially if you paid by PayPal, which has it's own second level of purchase protections in place.
It is not a matter of not purchasing the cable, I just need a confirmation from copter.eu that this cable is 100% compatible with my batteries and charger. I plan to do that tomorrow. If it is compatible, I will buy two, still cheaper than buying the Yuneec charger.

I will keep the other cable in case some day I'll have access to H480 batteries or the original Typhoon H batteries (I assume they are the same LiPo type batteries).

Many thanks for your suggestions.

I can confirm if you get the correct cables pointed out by fellow members here your sky200 will 100% work.
But please do read the manual to the 200 as it explains how to charge correctly using the balance boards that come with it.
Basically set your amps to 5.4
Choose either Storage or Balance never anything else.
Make sure cell count is 4S and away you go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio