Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do I record video?

Reaction score
I'm having trouble recording video on my recently purchased Typhoon H Plus. I'm a new Yuneec owner, and I inserted a brand new San Disk 4k SD card into the card slot on the ST16s controller. Then I turned on the ST16s controller, then turned on the drone and launched it. I then pressed the right side black colored "video" button on the ST16s controller then pressed the red record button on the on-screen controller. After I landed I turned off the video, then turned off the drone then turned off the ST16s. Later when I pulled the SD card, it was blank, no files, no data, nothing. Can someone tells me how to record video in easy layman's terms please. I do not know how to do a screenshot on the ST16s controller. Additionally and unrelated, the drone keeps drifting, either up or sideways even when i set the controller down and am not touching it.

You need a U3 rated SD card in the C23 camera. Video is not stored on an SD card in the ST-16S.

I attached an expanded User Manual that is the Yuneec manual with extensive user input added to it. I suggest you sit down and read much of the manual and get familiar with the equipment while you read. It will be time well spent and most likely have you return with a happy story instead of a sad one.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.8.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: DroneCalzone
I then pressed the right side black colored "video" button on the ST16s controller then pressed the red record button on the on-screen controller.

You don't press both. Only one. Both work. But if you press one and then the other, you are just going "on/off" with it.

You need a U3 rated SD card in the C23 camera. Video is not stored on an SD card in the ST-16S.

I attached an expanded User Manual that is the Yuneec manual with extensive user input added to it. I suggest you sit down and read much of the manual and get familiar with the equipment while you read. It will be time well spent and most likely have you return with a happy story instead of a sad one.
Yes I am using a compatible U3 SD card and I've found the videos lol. What is the SD card slot in the ST16s controller for and how do I use it?

Yes I am using a compatible U3 SD card and I've found the videos lol. What is the SD card slot in the ST16s controller for and how do I use it?

It is for transferring files to and from the controller file system, should the need or desire to do so arise.

Nothing much more to it than that. And rarely a need to use it.

Jeff

ok problem solved, thanks eeryone!
Hi Dapectin,
I think from reading this thread you should do yourself a very big favor and save a lot of money also, PLEASE READ THE MANUAL FOR YOUR MACHINE. They also have one on the forum for your machine written by people that fly them, all of this information is in the manual that you got with the H + or if used from the Yuneec Webb site. Safe flying and read the manuals and watch videos of you H+ being flown for the first time. There are heaps of the Typilot, Jeff Sebilius, etc. It could save you a lot of heart ache and money. Safe flying and have fun while learning.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: PaulEden
The only thing I use the SD slot on a controller for is, I will put on some music I like to hear while flying and let that play.

You mean like you play the music through the st16s? I wasn’t even aware there was a speaker on it to play the music. Can you explain in a little more detail? Also, just curious why not just wear a set of headphones? Don’t take my post the wrong way, I’m just legitimately curious. Was always told the st16 is strictly for flying the machine and any other use should be limited (internet, google store..etc). Have you ran into any issues while using it to fly and play back music?

You mean like you play the music through the st16s? I wasn’t even aware there was a speaker on it to play the music. Can you explain in a little more detail? Also, just curious why not just wear a set of headphones? Don’t take my post the wrong way, I’m just legitimately curious. Was always told the st16 is strictly for flying the machine and any other use should be limited (internet, google store..etc). Have you ran into any issues while using it to fly and play back music?
All I did was put the micro sd card in, used the player that is built in and hit play. It does have speakers that are located below the directional thumb tabs on the face. I never had an issue with it interfering. I never used headphones as I want to be able to hear my safety spotter and to be able to talk to me in an emergency. I also only use it when I am practicing and not for work use. You need to be more focused though as you can easily get caught up in the flying to the music and forget about flight time till it's too late.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone