Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How Many Times Until They Replace

Reaction score
I bought my typhoon h pro on feb23. I only flew it twice and on the second flight it came crashing straight down. I sent it back to Yuneec for repair on March 9th and didnt get it back until April 20th. The first time i flew it was on April 25th and it wasnt right. Drifted all over place lost gps signal. so I just landed and contacted Yuneec again. I didnt get a Rma until aug9th and just received it back on sept 15th.. well first flight on septh 16th after about 5 minutes the H came crashing down again.. all crashes causing significant damage........ Now lately it imposssible to get ahold of anyone, two hour wait times, hang ups, no call backs and no answers to emails. Its been in repair longer than i owned it and it has been test flown more than i have flown it....... I though Yuneec was a stand up company and would stand behind their products and replace it....... Well now im stuck once again with a drone in a million pieces.............. Does anyone know of anyway to get some real help from Yuneec?
One sad H owner

Call them 5 minutes after they open (8am) and 5 minutes after lunch (lunch ends 1pm) Western Time Zone M-F. Wait time should be less than 10 minutes.

Sorry to hear you have had such bad luck. Call early and wait until you get an answer. Tell them that you want a new replacement. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Be calm and polite. They will take care of you. I just had them replace a camera that was out of warranty at no charge since it was the third time I have had troubles. Turn around time was about two weeks.
Good luck.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
here is the telemetry, anyone want to take a look, i see a couple gps losses, is that the reason it went down

Attachments

• Telemetry_00025.zip
    280 KB · Views: 23
I have two H's. With one of them I had exactly the same thing happen that has happened with yours.
I called they had me send it back, and after they received and took a look at it, tried to tell me it was something I did. It had fallen out of the sky from about 100ft agl. I knew it was nothing I did. I am a very experienced RC pilot of over 30 years. Well, I persisted to chase them, and finally they took another look and confessed that the speed controller had failed. (I had also heard rumors at one point there was cold solder joint problems on some of the circuit boards). In the end they did completely look after me, just took time and persistence.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Ok here is what I am able to determine from the Telemetry, not an exact science. Yes you started in your yard, can't figure out why you flew over the highway at 47 meters (154 feet). Was the hill a factor in losing signal? GPS went false looks like after the crash not before. Then you crashed in your yard next to the house? You also flew 426 feet at one time be careful about this. Did you clip a tree coming back from the road?? Just using data to figure this out.

I bought my typhoon h pro on feb23. I only flew it twice and on the second flight it came crashing straight down. I sent it back to Yuneec for repair on March 9th and didnt get it back until April 20th. The first time i flew it was on April 25th and it wasnt right. Drifted all over place lost gps signal. so I just landed and contacted Yuneec again. I didnt get a Rma until aug9th and just received it back on sept 15th.. well first flight on septh 16th after about 5 minutes the H came crashing down again.. all crashes causing significant damage........ Now lately it imposssible to get ahold of anyone, two hour wait times, hang ups, no call backs and no answers to emails. Its been in repair longer than i owned it and it has been test flown more than i have flown it....... I though Yuneec was a stand up company and would stand behind their products and replace it....... Well now im stuck once again with a drone in a million pieces.............. Does anyone know of anyway to get some real help from Yuneec?
One sad H owner
I myself have had about the identical f ****g problem this last time after hours of waiting on the phone they had me send my H to KAVservice in Kansas City Mo. 5615 Raytown Road 64133 theyr number is 816-595-5600 they are very quick they have a 10 day bench limit and they answer there phone every time promptly check them out I am thoroughly pleased

I have sent mine back 3 times and now going to go check it out and see if it works today. Gps and compass errors and they keep replacing them but the same thing happens. It shows it in the Telemetry so they fix it and send it back. The bummer is I have gone almost all summer without my drone. Mind you this is one of the first ones sold.

Personally I think Yuneec is/was using substandard GPS/compass units, or the placement is causing issues. 3DR did that with the Solo. All I know is seems to be more sensitive to multipathing and interference thereby causing a lost connection or excessively high hdop when compared to any of my DIY and newer Solo's.

Just sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaeThrills
Crazzebiker ... Did you calibrate and stayed on the ground with the ST16 and H "on" for minimum 14 minutes to secure sats lock - before take off? YES or NO?

Yes the telemetry I posted was wrong one I will post the correct. I never taken off until have 16 sats

Yes the telemetry I posted was wrong one I will post the correct. I never taken off until have 16 sats
The nbr "16 " isn't enough you have to wait min 14 minutes to achive sats lock! I belive what is written on this forum that 98,5% of all crashes are due to pilot misstakes and ignorance,

I wait until their is full lock the purple light solid on drone and lock on st16 not ignorance
This is NOT enough,,you never see when you have sats lock! Purple light solid, even with white flash in it is NOT enough! Idling on the ground with motors off for 14minutes on the ground is the ONLY way to be sure of sats lock!
Belive me!

Last edited:
Crazy so I have Too wait, with my drone on the ground in a parking lot for 14 min? Why would I pay 1500 dollars for something I have too wait 14 min to fly? They don’t advertise it that way. I did have Compass failure when flying from a boat. Mavic pro has never had this much trouble. Oh well love this machine when it works..... wonder if the H 520 will have the same problems?

Photo that's not true, If your waiting 14 minutes then there must be something wrong. Once I turn on my H it only takes a few seconds to receive Sat's and I usually can fly with 10+ Sat's. Never any issues, and I am very methodical when it comes to flying!

Reactions: Niblett
I was called ignorant for flying mine for not waiting 15 minutes on a 2000 drone to fly. Plus Yuneec has said all 3 crashes has been from drone failure not pilot error

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech