Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How many.

Reaction score
Any one dare to make a guess on how many plusses yuneec have sold since the release 6 month ago?

I personally have no idea but it would be interesting to know [emoji848]

Any one dare to make a guess on how many plusses yuneec have sold since the release 6 month ago?

I personally have no idea but it would be interesting to know [emoji848]
please guess your data first, and other could follow.

As Yuneec does not post sales figures we’ll never know.

Since we’re in a guessing game mine would be 600.

Sadly, the H Plus is the least known high quality drone on the market. It would take a huge marketing effort to change that. I can think of no other drone in this price range that could come close to the quality of the video and photos produced from this hex.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Sadly, the H Plus is the least known high quality drone on the market. It would take a huge marketing effort to change that. I can think of no other drone in this price range that could come close to the quality of the video and photos produced from this hex.

Is it due to technical features missing? market promotion? or other like consumer market trend to portable type like Mavic series?

Is it due to technical features missing? market promotion? or other like consumer market trend to portable type like Mavic series?
No, I don't think it lacks many features although it still needs some "Polish". The major shortcoming is the lack of something like UAVToolbox. In the volunteer world of SAR, most of those who fly SAR missions are unpaid and use their own equipment. They may be using the Plus for their daily flyer for photography and videography, but they have no need for the 520 if they don't do mapping or inspections. And lacking any thermal option is a further setback.

I really think the biggest obstacle is the overboard hype of the Mavic series and the cult mentality of those owners. Yuneec's biggest opportunity is to take advantage of the disgruntled DJI owners who have to constantly deal with their unlocking scheme. That's where the 520 has a clear advantage and the H Plus could also move in the same direction. Commercial pilots hate 3rd party geofencing and forced firmware updates which locks their aircraft. The fact that the 520 has no geofencing isn't widely known.

When was the last time you saw a promotion from Yuneec for any of their drones? Where did you see it?

Portability is a VERY big draw for most of my DJI Mavic friends. Very few people I know of think of my Typhoon H as portable. They are also stunned by my need for a pre-flight routine. They just power up their Mavic and away they go.

Once they have the portability they look for video and photo quality. Very few look at the advantages of the 360 gimbal that the Typhoons offer. Most of my friends capture HD video not 4K.

Just look on YouTube for the number of DJI videos vs Yuneec videos. The difference in numbers is staggering.

There is some difference in the mindset of consumer vs prosumer markets but since the pricing isn't that far off its not much of a differentiator.

Reactions: biltno and Ty Pilot
In the US alone there are some 2,268 dealers listed on Yuneec's Dealer list. Of those roughly 2,068 are Best Buys stores. If every Best Buy store sold only one (1) Plus per week since it's release, there would be approximately 52,000 units sold in the US by that one source alone - again thats one store selling one Plus a week. This does not even account for the rest of the dealers and Yuneec themselves. And the US is probably only a 1/4 or less of total sales. My guess is that they have sold far more than we are thinking.

I think Yuneec is missing a lot of the market because they do not understand it - or know how to use it. As an example: When the Plus was released it was a mystery to many of us - we knew it was coming but when? Having a target that spans a couple months is not going to ever work. When it finally did get released in Europe first it was great to see but then the waiting game here in the US started, then one day it showed up as available at your local Best Buy. The Yuneec main website is woefully inadequate for this type of market. The modern consumer at this level wants details and specs that are correct and up to date so that they can make a calculated and wise decision in their purchases.

Yuneec makes a good product and is rapidly improving but their marketing in particular and customer service in general are what holds them back and keeps them from growing in my opinion.

I've been looking at drones for a few months before deciding on the Plus. I bought it from a guy who did a Youtube video comparing it to the Mavic Pro 4. I watched his video and then went to his site. He did 2 videos with the plus. He kept the DJi and has numerous videos using it. I feel I got a great machine that is in new condition and Can't wait till Tuesday. I can't understand him spending $2700.00 doing a comparison video and selling it. I think his loss is my gain.

The Plus is turning out to be a very solid platform with an amazing camera and it can't be faulted for much unless one needs to fit it in their pocket or purse:D portability ain't it's thing but other than that, it's the stuff.

Reactions: John Hennessy
The Plus is turning out to be a very solid platform with an amazing camera and it can't be faulted for much unless one needs to fit it in their pocket or purse:D portability ain't it's thing but other than that, it's the stuff.
Your Videos helped me decide. Very informative work. Thanks for that. I didn't join till Thursday. I watched your videos weeks ago on Youtube after I decided on the Yuneec Typhoon. I almost bought a Pro till I realized the Plus was newer and had more features. Actually the 1" sensor swayed my decision.

Patrick,

There’s an old adage that one has to spend money to make money. That is precisely why Yuneec does not capture more of the market. They do for the most part nothing where advertising is concerned. You see DJI advertising everywhere; YouTube, tech articles and magazines, depicted in negative media articles (it’s still free advertising), photography articles, and on a wider selection of store shelves. My wife pointed out the Mavic’s in Costco last week. There were no Yuneec products. It’s also worth noting that Yuneec disposed of their commercial representation group last year.

Word of mouth provides a steady source of selective buyers but it has never provided a lot of buyers. It’s the slowest form of advertising outside of doing none at all. Saturation advertising as DJI does costs money but generates a heck of a lot more.

In the US alone there are some 2,268 dealers listed on Yuneec's Dealer list. Of those roughly 2,068 are Best Buys stores. If every Best Buy store sold only one (1) Plus per week since it's release, there would be approximately 52,000 units sold in the US by that one source alone - again thats one store selling one Plus a week. This does not even account for the rest of the dealers and Yuneec themselves. And the US is probably only a 1/4 or less of total sales. My guess is that they have sold far more than we are thinking.

I think Yuneec is missing a lot of the market because they do not understand it - or know how to use it. As an example: When the Plus was released it was a mystery to many of us - we knew it was coming but when? Having a target that spans a couple months is not going to ever work. When it finally did get released in Europe first it was great to see but then the waiting game here in the US started, then one day it showed up as available at your local Best Buy. The Yuneec main website is woefully inadequate for this type of market. The modern consumer at this level wants details and specs that are correct and up to date so that they can make a calculated and wise decision in their purchases.

Yuneec makes a good product and is rapidly improving but their marketing in particular and customer service in general are what holds them back and keeps them from growing in my opinion.
I happened to be at bestbuy in Connecticut this weekend and quickly ran over to the drones. I was surprised to see the q500 4K still for sale at 599.00, and the last gen typhoon H for 999.00. The H pro was not on display. Quickly peeked at DJI and seen the latest model.
Why wouldn’t yuneec offer the H pro along with the others is beyond me. It gives the consumer more of a choice and price point

I was at a Best Buy in Florida today. Pitiful display of Yuneec drones but lots more DJI's. I'd really doubt they sell very many drones at all.

I don’t get the portability issue personally. After all it’s not like it has to be on wheels to move.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval