Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to 3d map?

Reaction score
Hello amigos, I just got my license and register my drone. And I'm ready to make some money. If there is anyone who would love to give my pointers and guide me to my next endeavor.

What I need is the how's to.

Any information would be greatly appreciated [emoji4][emoji120]

Your drone friend

The H+ was not designed for mapping and while it is virtually identical to the H520 in form it lacks the software necessary to run automated survey flight plans. I had seen reports of people using CCC editor to upload similar type missions, but there will be no automation in the creation process nor any guarantee that the characteristics needed to ensure a good 3D map have been achieved. I am a mapper and have an H520's myself so hopefully someone who has an H+ will come along and have better news. There is another solution called UAV Toolbox that I have seen mentioned, but it was originally designed for the standard H and I am not sure if it ever made it to the H+ or not. At the end of the day in mapping the basic factor that you want to achieve a 70-75% overlaps on pictures as if you were spray painting a canvas and it really doesn't matter how you achieve that. I can tell you that equates to about 14mph with a picture every 2 seconds at 220ft AGL if you were to do it manually.

Once you have the images you can upload them to pretty much any processing software to make your model. it will be personal preference and according to your business model as to whether it would be best to go with a cloud service or to purchase a program for your computer. If you don't already have a gaming rig you will need to get one if you want to run the software yourself.

Thanks for the info, so disheartening
The H+ was not designed for mapping and while it is virtually identical to the H520 in form it lacks the software necessary to run automated survey flight plans. I had seen reports of people using CCC editor to upload similar type missions, but there will be no automation in the creation process nor any guarantee that the characteristics needed to ensure a good 3D map have been achieved. I am a mapper and have an H520's myself so hopefully someone who has an H+ will come along and have better news. There is another solution called UAV Toolbox that I have seen mentioned, but it was originally designed for the standard H and I am not sure if it ever made it to the H+ or not. At the end of the day in mapping the basic factor that you want to achieve a 70-75% overlaps on pictures as if you were spray painting a canvas and it really doesn't matter how you achieve that. I can tell you that equates to about 14mph with a picture every 2 seconds at 220ft AGL if you were to do it manually.

Once you have the images you can upload them to pretty much any processing software to make your model. it will be personal preference and according to your business model as to whether it would be best to go with a cloud service or to purchase a program for your computer. If you don't already have a gaming rig you will need to get one if you want to run the software yourself.

UAV Toolbox is compatible to the H+ since the last update, but it still is a beta! If it works reliable, you get a possibility to do mapping, but it will never achieve the level of automatisation like doing so with a H520. I used the UAV Toolbox as well as the Yuneec Data Pilot Planner to generate some CCC routes for mapping, but only to verify it works (no commercial interest in doing so). You have to take in regard that you split your survey area into patterns that can be achieved with one battery. Compared to "real" mapping solutions you have to put much more efforts into your flight planning and the processing afterwards, but you can get some output that way.
If you want to earn money, you should go for an easier way to get the job done.

You can download the data pilot from the website under the H520 downloads. I am not for sure but you might be able to create the fight plan in there and then exported as a KML to bring into your software. Or at least UAV toolbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: danomite24

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval