Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to access the real-time map on the ST16S?

Reaction score
So, I have got an H3 and I am used to flying the H520, Parrot Anafi and various DJI drones. All of which have a real-time map showing me the drone's position when flying around. Generally over a Google Earth map, or at least just the line that shows me which way to go to get the drone home if I loose sight of it. but I can't find this on the H3 ST16S controller. The flight app is about the same as the H+ so how do you access it on that?

(I have this gnawing feeling now, that it isn't there. My mind is boggling at the safety concerns, the inability to create CCC / POI flights in the field, etc. I'm hoping it is a button somewhere that I have missed....)

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Well do you want the good news or the bad news first? ;)

The bad news is that IF it is like the H Plus - there is no real time map.

The good news is, there is a chance that one of the 'upgrades' or 'additions' of the H3 over the Plus, is that such a feature may have been added, but this is one of those typical Yuneec mysteries. I look forward to hear what you find out.

Reactions: Whisperit

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The Mantis had a map feature in the lower left corner that could be called up full screen and replace the video feed. It might be possible the H3 has something similar. Try tapping the radar screen to see if anything changes. 34276C2D-26E9-4065-93DE-BC7FFF33C610.jpeg

35DAEF0C-BD96-4FED-816A-EBA667C2CEB1.jpeg

Reactions: Whisperit

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Why can't you create a CCC or POI mission? That should be in the menu.
Also, I think you can install UAVToolbox on the controller. That app is the creation of @Tuna who is also in the UK. Go to UAVToolbox.com and send him a message. He may be able to help.

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So, I have got an H3 and I am used to flying the H520, Parrot Anafi and various DJI drones. All of which have a real-time map showing me the drone's position when flying around.

It would be good if you would upload a screenshot of your H3 ST16S splash screen. Also a screenshot of your APPs screen. I'm curious how similar the H3 screens are to the HPlus screens.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Reaction score
Doomeister: Thanks for that. I've tried tapping the radar screen but it does nothing. I can mention the Mantis feature though when I ask Yuneec UK about it.

This is the main screen on the controller:

P1000859.JPG

The box in the lower left is the "professional histogram", that does the usual annoying thing of putting a white bar right up against the white border for washout - quite hard to see it in those conditions.

Here is the APPs screen:
P1000862.JPG

Flightmode3.0 on the left.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I was pretty sure there would be no map on the H3. It is classed as a pro videography drone and the FlightMode app is similar in appearance to the H+.

I suggested trying the radar screen because of how the Mantis app functions. It could have easily been added to the H3 using cached maps since the ST16S does not have cellular service nor does it have dual band simultaneous WiFi.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyMax