Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to change the H520E CE to FCC?

Reaction score
Hi,
does anyone have any info about how to change the transmitter power from CE to FCC? This thread explores an interesting way that could be hidden in the extended menu: Extended menu

Did anyone try it?

The other way is to install the US version of the firmware (using a VPN to fool the servers if using OTA update).

@DoomMeister interesting, I didn't hink of that..! Have you tested it?
I wonder what settings in this menu can be seen in the american H520E's. Can anyone share?

@DoomMeister interesting, I didn't hink of that..! Have you tested it?
I wonder what settings in this menu can be seen in the american H520E's. Can anyone share?
I do not have one to test, but the OTA updates are determined by location of IP address when accessing the server. If you use a VPN through your router when you connect to do the update you should be able to select a North American VPN site.

Is still there a different firmware?
No reason when the copter has a GPS receiver. FCC is where the rules are federal, CE, where the rules are European.

Ok, guys, so just to update... I was told by Yuneec Europe that they don't even do the FCC conversion for european firefighters/police. Instead they recommend using the +5db accessory antenna (it's like 10-15 euros). So I checked the antenna and how it works. I was very impressed. I performed two test flights in good weather (sunny but windy) and in a rural area (only fields and small villages and industrial buildings). While flying at 110m AGL I was able to reach 5,5km without any video glitching (!). I turned back after that, but I could have gone even further, but it would be a one-way trip, as at this point the entire battery goes into reaching the 5 km and going back. So I was not able to reach the max transmission distance, but 5,5km in CE is absolutely enough for me! I recommend these antennas to everyone now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio