Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to convert the cgo3 plus to fit the q500 plus

Reaction score
I've got a great deal on a cgo3 plus camera hoping to convert it to fit on my q500 plus can anybody please help me

Sorry, but this is going to be bad news.

The CGo3+ will not work on any Q500 series. Not even the Q500 4K. The camera gimbal is not coded to accept the pitch (tilt) signal from the Q500 series. And the video is not transmitted at a resolution the ST10 series controllers can use.

You can upgrade the Q500+ to provide power to the CGo3+, or you can do some soldering to add wires to the CGo3+ that can access the power plug on the Q500+, but you still will not have a workable camera. The camera will simply stabilize, point forward, and will not move in response to the controller. If you plan to fly with an ST10 series controller, the ST10 screen video will also be very broken up, pasted almost solid with artifacts, and all you will get is a broken glimpse of the view several seconds behind real time.

It would be best to find a CGo3. The CGo3 will work on your Q500+ without modification to the drone or the camera, as long as it comes with it's original "pigtail" adapter. The adapter was provided on the original kit to let the camera work on Q500 series drones that don't have the Q500-4K camera mount.

Just for the sake of asking....

If using a ST16 controller that is bound to a Q500, THEN would the use of a CGO3+ camera be possible?

If using a ST16 controller that is bound to a Q500, THEN would the use of a CGO3+ camera be possible?

Not for pan and tilt. The camera pan and tilt signals do not come directly from the controller. They are part of the 2.4 Ghz control signal, and are processed by the Q500 main board. The Q500 main board does not have the proper permissive code to allow the CGo3+ to accept the pan and tilt signals from the Q500.

The CG03+ video, however, would be fine on the ST16. The video itself is directly between the camera and the controller.

Reactions: georgero

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis