Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to get 4K video from e-90

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I cannot find anything discussed about it in great details and I cannot figure it out myself.

In DataPilot I can see videos taken and stored on the camera SD(I hope). I have tried to get the camera SD out and plug it into my laptop card reader. My laptop said it is not formatted and offered me to format it. I do not think the SD has not been formatted as it would not be possible to write this videos on. Then it must be some difference in formatting. Which format will work with the camera and Windows 7? Can I use a laptop to format it or it can only be done from DataPilot?

I also tried the other way which is connecting the St16 to the laptop via USB and in DataPilot folder there were Videos and Pictures folders. The Videos one had my videos but after I downloaded it to my laptop I discovered that they were not from my camera but rather small version in 1280 x 720 resolution, not in 4K. After I downloaded them through cut & paste the videos folder became an empty one.

The last thing I am going to try is to get the SD from the camera, insert it in the ST16 SD slot or any other android tablet slot and get access to all videos on it but I do not believe it should be so hard and there may be some easier way to do it without even touching the SD slot on the camera.

This last thing actually works but I do not like this method as it requires removing the card from the camera. Considering that the e-90 has quite bad dampers design on its gimbal I am quite sure it will end up with some damage to them.

There must be some easiest way to get access to the files on e90 while the card is still in the camera. Normally an Android device would pick up storage on any device with a storage connected to it but for some reason my ST16 cannot see that SD card in the camera after you link to e90 and plugging into a micro USB port on the camera and plugging the other end of the USB cable into a laptop does not do anything.

Speaking of that, we still do not know what is the USB socket on the camera E90. No notice gives any explanation on this decision. It would be easy to be able to make the transfer by this jack without having to take out the card.

Hi guys,

I cannot find anything discussed about it in great details and I cannot figure it out myself.

In DataPilot I can see videos taken and stored on the camera SD(I hope). I have tried to get the camera SD out and plug it into my laptop card reader. My laptop said it is not formatted and offered me to format it. I do not think the SD has not been formatted as it would not be possible to write this videos on. Then it must be some difference in formatting. Which format will work with the camera and Windows 7? Can I use a laptop to format it or it can only be done from DataPilot?

I also tried the other way which is connecting the St16 to the laptop via USB and in DataPilot folder there were Videos and Pictures folders. The Videos one had my videos but after I downloaded it to my laptop I discovered that they were not from my camera but rather small version in 1280 x 720 resolution, not in 4K. After I downloaded them through cut & paste the videos folder became an empty one.

The last thing I am going to try is to get the SD from the camera, insert it in the ST16 SD slot or any other android tablet slot and get access to all videos on it but I do not believe it should be so hard and there may be some easier way to do it without even touching the SD slot on the camera.
The micro sd card can be formatted in your pc, using FAT32 format. It' probably better to format it in the camera though. The St16s only saves a lower resolution image and video. It's not really an issue removing the card from the camera to download the images, but although I have tried I cannot find a way to download them through a usb lead.

You are actually right. I was trying to use it to access camera storage either with the camera powered or without power and my laptop did not pick up any storage through USB. It may not be for what I have been thinking it is for. However even if it works that way through USB it is almost as hard to plug/unplug a USB cable into that port as taking the card in and out. Either way it just put some unnecessary stress on a gimbal and it just not a good thing considering how flimsy these dampers are.

May be somehow a St16 can see camera storage and we just do not know where it is on a ST16.

Also noticed that my VLC for Windows 7 does not play videos from this camera very well. It has some lags, can fill half of a screen with green colour and switching colours. And that's all after installing a codec pack for VLC. Then I have found some codecs including H264 one for Windows Media Player and it actually works without any problems that VLC has.

You are actually right. I was trying to use it to access camera storage either with the camera powered or without power and my laptop did not pick up any storage through USB. It may not be for what I have been thinking it is for. However even if it works that way through USB it is almost as hard to plug/unplug a USB cable into that port as taking the card in and out. Either way it just put some unnecessary stress on a gimbal and it just not a good thing considering how flimsy these dampers are.

May be somehow a St16 can see camera storage and we just do not know where it is on a ST16.

Also noticed that my VLC for Windows 7 does not play videos from this camera very well. It has some lags, can fill half of a screen with green colour and switching colours. And that's all after installing a codec pack for VLC. Then I have found some codecs including H264 one for Windows Media Player and it actually works without any problems that VLC has.
You will struggle to find a pc that will play the 4k 60fps or maybe even 30fps straight out of the camera unless you have a very high spec pc. 4k 60fps I have to load into Adobe premiere to be able to watch it as I think that actually play a lower resolution version on screen.

I do not know Kev as I am new to this video thing. However I have taken one with 4096x2178 resolution and 60 fps and my Windows Media player has no problems playing it smoothly on my laptop with a i7 3610QM CPU processor and a Radeon HD 7670M video card.

To watch the videos on your computer with VLC correctly you need to install the latest version, 3.0. She's the one who has supported 4K videos. You won't have any downtime. It has to be downloaded and installed manually.

In premiere with 4K material and also at 60fps it is strongly recommended to use proxies to get good fluency when editing. It is a resolution that is very computer dependent, using proxies you can edit quietly to a resolution of 720p or 1080p and then when rendering the final result automatically exported to 4K or the resolution you want. It's very comfortable.

Good question, what is the usb port of the camera for? It is also uncomfortable for me to have to take out the SD card :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech