Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Repairs Compilation

Eagle's Eye Video

Global Village Idiot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This is a bit of a more involved process, entirely dependent on the severity of the crash...

This first video, shows repairs when it is a minor crash, with no tearing of the connecting wires from the mount to the camera.

This second video, goes into the repairs involved, if the wires are torn loose.

In this last video, a significantly more difficult repair of the slip ring yaw motor.

Reactions: Kevlec
Very good collection of helpful videos.

here is somthing special to repair a bent landing gear shaft. Sorry for bad English. I hope it is understandable.

br HE

Attachments

• LG_shaft_repair.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: rdonson
Hello Eagle Eye,
Just revieeed your video on how to replace slip ring motor. I had cut the yellow wire by accident and will use the video you posted to guide me through the repair. Can you supply me with where I need to go online to purchase the slip ring motor? Also, thank you for putting together a excellent step by step on how to repair the CG03+

Johnny

@JohnnyPdxNow
The stripped wire is extremely thin, you will need a razor blade to peel back the insulation.
As you can see what happened to me. Took me about 3 hours to repair.
DSC_0006.JPG

Hello Eagle Eye,
Just revieeed your video on how to replace slip ring motor. I had cut the yellow wire by accident and will use the video you posted to guide me through the repair. Can you supply me with where I need to go online to purchase the slip ring motor? Also, thank you for putting together a excellent step by step on how to repair the CG03+

Johnny

Just to clarify to everyone, all videos that appear in any model's "How To:" series were searched out on YouTube and posted together by me on this forum... to provide a comprehensive collection of both preventative maintenance and relatively basic repairs across many Yuneec models.

However I did not personally film or post any of these videos to YouTube... I am unfortunately many times, unable therefore to provide assistance on the specific instructions in the presentations, nor do I claim any credit, in the production of posted video. I simply created this forum clearinghouse of relevant teaching materials.

BTW, if you hover your mouse over the avatar shown in the embedded YouTube videos, the author's ID and link to their channel will pop up.

Just to clarify to everyone, all videos that appear in any model's "How To:" series were searched out on YouTube and posted together by me on this forum... to provide a comprehensive collection of both preventative maintenance and relatively basic repairs across many Yuneec models.

However I did not personally film or post any of these videos to YouTube... I am unfortunately many times, unable therefore to provide assistance on the specifics presented in the presentations, nor do I claim any credit, in the production of posted video. I simply created this forum clearinghouse of relevant teaching materials.

Thank you for the clarification on the video. I believe what you state has given me a better perspective on my assuming just because you reference it does not mean you created or posted it. One of the most important beliefs I have is never take credit for someone else's work, this also means to me give credit where credit is due. Again, thank you.

To get back to why I posted this question, can anyone help by providing information or a link to where I can purchase the slip ring yaw motor for Typhoon H.

I was fortunate enough to have another slip ring from another camera that had crashed but the slip ring was not damaged. I performed the exact same steps this guy did.

Unfortunately, when I got it all together, there is something wrong with the gimbal. I get a camera video feed just fine, but the gimbal is tilted askew, and it beeps (3 beeps repeating pattern) I thought maybe a calibration would work, but it won't. There were some torn wires going to the camera and up to the main board, which I thought I repaired. But apparently that wasn't enough.

This TH is one of three, so I thought what I could do is mount it so it permanently points forward but will still send video. Then I could use this drone as a spare that still has camera but no camera tilt or pan control. But I don't know enough about how to disable the gimbal electronically. Anyone have a clue on this?

I do not have enough faith in my repair abilities to delve into this involved a repair... however I do know from several others' experience on this board, that there is a deeper factory gimbal calibration, that only authorized techs have the equipment to do.

So before writing off the whole thing for parts, I'd suggest calling one of the independent repair shops, such as Carolina Dronz, Vertigo Drones or KAV, to get quotes on this "factory" gimbal calibration.

Good suggestion. There is a guy on Ebay who advertises $149 for camera repair. Don't know if this is a good price, do you?

I would go with an authorized dealer, such as the ones mentioned above, before "some guy on eBay"... just sayin'. I do know that $149 would cover any diagnostic from Carolina Dronz, unless parts were involved. Likely similar pricing from any of the above listed, as you are talking about a specific hourly rate for this kind of skill set.

Reactions: rdonson
I can recommend Carolina Dronz as well - they did a fine job on a CGO3+ I had that needed some TLC.

They will also replace lenses.

The beeping means you still missed a wire that needs repaired.
Maybe you should recheck all the wires.
I do know you can not change any of the motors without needing a recalibrate that only yuneec and authorised companies have the software to do.
So you will only need the slip ring without the motor. Because if the problem is the motor it will need sent in and its more than $180 to start with. I have made a ad on part that allows manual adjustment to bypass the software programming. This is the only other way to change the motor and not need to send in.
Butt in your case I believe you can chase down the failed wire and get it back on your own.
Also you can't switch a motherboard without needing the dreaded factory only calibration.

*I just found this video and taught it might help H owners repair their landing gear servos.
Cheers.
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio